“Room needs more cleaning”

Red Roof Inn Evansville
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Ghent, Kentucky, United States
“Room needs more cleaning”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had booked 2 rooms at this hotel for Saturday night 9-7-13. I had called ahead to let the hotel know we would be a late arrival. We arrived approx. 10pm. When I got to my room I noticed that there were cobwebs on the ceiling in the bathroom. There was debris behind the bathroom door. The carpet in the room was black from stains, I was very afraid to walk on the floor barefoot. The air conditioner was so filthy that it aggravated my asthma. The black out curtains were nasty. There was wallpaper pealing off the walls. Coffee maker brew basket was covered with coffee grounds. At check in Matt was very friendly, however the check in process was very slow which he blamed on the computer system. All in all not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa B
Matthew H, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
I am sorry was not clean to your standerds. We have addressed your concerns & hope you give us another chance to prove it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This property is not deserving of the name "Holiday Inn Express". The room was in poor repair with a hole in the bathroom wall, peeling paint on the bathroom ceiling, shower curtain rod that was falling off, and dirty carpets. My feet and socks turned black after walking on the floors. At breakfast the coffee was cold, there were no cinnamon rolls, the pancake maker was not working, and there were no boiled eggs. The breakfast area was hot, and the walls had peeling wallpaper that seems to have water damage. This was much more like a Motel-6 or a Super-8, not a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank scv0654
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear scv0654,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall condition of your room and breakfast options may have caused you. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Daytona Beach Shores, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This use to be a nice hotel, the lobby looks nice but our room was not very good. We had a bad experience last year with being checked into an unclean room, they moved us to a better room and took some money off our bill, the second room was clean. So I thought it was just a bad luck situation. We returned this time thinking it would be ok. When we opened the curtains it looked like someone had spray painted spots all over the walls to cover something up, when my husband went into the bathroom the cleaning supplies were still there! I did not feel confident that it had even been cleaned. Our room was next to one that had the door handle missing and you could see inside. I was waiting for someone to jump out, very creepy! We checked out and went up the road to Princeton and got a very nice room at the Hampton Inn for less money! That's our new hotel of choice!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roadtraveling
Matthew H, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
I am sorry that your stay had prolems. We at the Holiday Inn Express do want everyone to enjoy their stay. We invite you to let us know how we may improve your stay.
Olyphant
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Booked a 2 night stay. After returning to hotel at 630pm on 2nd night found room not made up. Asked at front desk and was told "yeah, we're having a problem with that department." No fresh towels, no accommodation. OK, fine. Responded to letter placed in room about quality service, etc. Reported bad service via email. Upon checkout I was asked to speak with owner "Jackie" on telephone. Owner volunteered to refund the cost of my stay, provided that I give positive feedback/review. I waited for refund before writing review, After 6 phone calls to property I realized that the promise of a refund would never be honored. Jackie simply lied in order to buy time and prevent my bad review. Stay away from this property. The common areas are filthy and the staff is rude.

Room Tip: Please stay away
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gallonera
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear gallonera,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to you by housekeeping not cleaning your room at an appropriate time. We are also sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. Guest comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Staffordsville, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great location to my business travels but the poorest HIE I have ever stayed in. Worn out furniture and mattresses, broken exercise equipment, poor breakfast options, cheap, cheap, cheap.
There is no way this place should earn the HIE namebadge. I have stayed a couple times hoping for a change. I have even sent an email to the manager without any response. Now I stay at the Hampton a few miles closer to town and am much happier.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Derek H,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations. I would like to assure you that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Cloverdale, Indiana, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

horrible everything from checkin , breakfast the next morning and even checkout the food YUCK ! the staff not very friendly at all the only thing worth Maybe coming back is its location if that but my family and I will probably never come back

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kadaja G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Kadaja G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is always our goal to provide the best possible service and create memorable experiences and on this occasion we apologize we did not exceed your expectations with the service you received and the breakfast. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The motel is a little tired, but Sarah and Lindsey made up for everything. Even though they were extremely busy, I was checked in fast got a great room. The breakfast was better than other express's I have visited. It's great for families because of the indoor pool, and pet owners because of the large field behind the place. I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ohiobill2250
Sarah K, Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that your stay was us was up to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Evansville
Howard Johnson Evansville East
Econo Lodge  Inn & Suites Evansville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Evansville North
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#28 of 36 in Evansville
Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East
Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville North/Haubstadt

Been to Red Roof Inn Evansville? Share your experiences!