“People were great, unhappy about place”

Red Roof Inn Evansville
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was very upset, picked this hotel so we could have pool and hot tube and pool was freezing and you couldn't get close to it. The hot tub my bath was hotter then it. Didn't get a wake up call like we asked. Won't be back

• Stayed: March 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Ragtrt27
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Ragtrt27,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered over the pool and hot tub. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is. We appreciate your feedback and your business.

Karen G.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have never had this happen before: the desk staff couldn't find the rollaway we requested for 40 minutes, then a "manager" called and told us it was against Indiana law to have two double beds and a rollaway in a room, citing a violation of fire code. When we looked into it, there doesn't seem to be any such law. The staff was argumentative and unapologetic, and when we asked for the manager upon checking out we were told he was "off duty" and could not be reached. What kind of manager leaves the premises when he knows there is a customer service issue at hand? And why the strange lie? If they'd told the truth at some point (maybe a missing rollaway??) we could have accepted it as bad luck and stayed. Our experience was just appalling. It's too bad because the room seemed nice and clean.

We did receive a call from the innkeeper the next day. He was very nice, but unfortunately it was too little and too late.

FYI, the pool and hot tub were closed due to a botched painting job when we were there so call before you go...if you still want to stay here. :(

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JenniInOz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear JenniInOz,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry about the policy regarding fire code and the poor customer service you received from our front desk. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped on the way to Mid America Truck Show in Louisville. The room was clean and quiet. Located right off I64. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was good eggs biscuits/gravy sausage cereal. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Denny's across street
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kenSt.louis
Jenni R, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

I just wanted to take the time to thank you for coming and staying with us. We hope you decide to stay with us again when traveling through the area.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel briefly as a stop over on a cross country trip. I think that we were there for 6 hours. Anyway, the hotel was clean and quiet, and the beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful, which was nice because we checked in at 1130 pm and were ready for bed. I am not sure how this happened, but the amount I paid for my room was $10 less than what my quote was. All of those factors allow me to give it an excellent rating, even though I did not stay there for long. Just remember the affordable price when you stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jenni R, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

We are so glad that you decided to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our hotel. If you are ever in the area again we hope you decide to stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

With a rate of $59 per night there leaves little room for disappointment. But this property was a pleasant surprise! Clean, neat and everything worked. Breakfast was more than adequate with pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, etc.
Away from the main road (I64) so quiet. A great value.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor of three. Get a room on the third floor, no foot traffic noise from abo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights in December 2012. First night (a Monday) had a room next to the elevator. Heard elevator-related noises all night long. Also heard trains several times during the night. Second stay was on Friday night of the same week. Had a different room with no noise issues; however, the hot water system in the hotel died sometime during the night, so there was no hot shower available on Saturday morning. The desk man was very apologetic, said he'd been working on the problem for the past four hours when we checked out at 8 a.m. The breakfast was typical HI Express fare - adequate on Tuesday morning after 8 a.m. Large early crowd on Saturday morning had almost totally depleted the breakfast bar. Not being inclined to wait around for replacement vittles, we checked out and found a McD's down the road. We stay in Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express a lot and this is the first time we've had anything resembling a disappointing experience. It wasn't awful, just not up to our experience-based expectations. Would probably use this hotel again, but would insist on a room not near the elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevator may be noisier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BristolTennessee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear BristolTennessee,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Evansville North.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Upon arrival, opening the car door, I was blasted with the aroma of what must have been a nearby feed yard. I do have to say ,however, the odor was not present in the room and was also not present outside the next morning (with the winds in the same direction. There were quite a few semi tractors & trailers in nearby parking lots. I guess the aroma could have been coming from one of them.

We arrived a night. As we were looking for the hotel, it was a little difficult to spot; the sign was not illuminated--the only one dark among several other hotels. With the illumination of parking lot flood lights the exterior looked inviting.

The lobby was clean and the clerk was friendly & helpful. She didn't acknowledge us as being Priority Club members as the previous two hotel clerks had in Memphis & Knoxville. This isn't very important to me, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Our reservation had already been set up. All I had to do was initial and sign in.

The room was clean & functional. The bathroom wallpaper was bubbling & peeling in several places. One thing I will never understand is why hotels wallpaper bathrooms, especially bathrooms with jetted tubs; as this bathroom was equipped. I didn't try the jetted tub (for potential health concerns) so I don't know if it was functional. The handicapped stabilization bar next to the tub was loose. It was safe, it was just loose.

As I was getting ice I noticed a notice on the swimming pool room stating that the hot tub was inoperative.

In the morning, we were in a hurry to leave, so grabbed a bagel & drink. Noticed the hot plate/waffle maker was marked inoperative.

Checkout process was a breeze. Regardless of my seemingly negative review, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family