“Clean and Comfortable and A Great Value”

Red Roof Inn Evansville
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel briefly as a stop over on a cross country trip. I think that we were there for 6 hours. Anyway, the hotel was clean and quiet, and the beds are comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful, which was nice because we checked in at 1130 pm and were ready for bed. I am not sure how this happened, but the amount I paid for my room was $10 less than what my quote was. All of those factors allow me to give it an excellent rating, even though I did not stay there for long. Just remember the affordable price when you stay there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jenni R, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

We are so glad that you decided to stay with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and liked our hotel. If you are ever in the area again we hope you decide to stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

With a rate of $59 per night there leaves little room for disappointment. But this property was a pleasant surprise! Clean, neat and everything worked. Breakfast was more than adequate with pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, biscuits, fruit, yogurt, etc.
Away from the main road (I64) so quiet. A great value.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor of three. Get a room on the third floor, no foot traffic noise from abo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here two nights in December 2012. First night (a Monday) had a room next to the elevator. Heard elevator-related noises all night long. Also heard trains several times during the night. Second stay was on Friday night of the same week. Had a different room with no noise issues; however, the hot water system in the hotel died sometime during the night, so there was no hot shower available on Saturday morning. The desk man was very apologetic, said he'd been working on the problem for the past four hours when we checked out at 8 a.m. The breakfast was typical HI Express fare - adequate on Tuesday morning after 8 a.m. Large early crowd on Saturday morning had almost totally depleted the breakfast bar. Not being inclined to wait around for replacement vittles, we checked out and found a McD's down the road. We stay in Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express a lot and this is the first time we've had anything resembling a disappointing experience. It wasn't awful, just not up to our experience-based expectations. Would probably use this hotel again, but would insist on a room not near the elevator.

Room Tip: Rooms next to elevator may be noisier.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BristolTennessee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear BristolTennessee,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Evansville North.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Upon arrival, opening the car door, I was blasted with the aroma of what must have been a nearby feed yard. I do have to say ,however, the odor was not present in the room and was also not present outside the next morning (with the winds in the same direction. There were quite a few semi tractors & trailers in nearby parking lots. I guess the aroma could have been coming from one of them.

We arrived a night. As we were looking for the hotel, it was a little difficult to spot; the sign was not illuminated--the only one dark among several other hotels. With the illumination of parking lot flood lights the exterior looked inviting.

The lobby was clean and the clerk was friendly & helpful. She didn't acknowledge us as being Priority Club members as the previous two hotel clerks had in Memphis & Knoxville. This isn't very important to me, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Our reservation had already been set up. All I had to do was initial and sign in.

The room was clean & functional. The bathroom wallpaper was bubbling & peeling in several places. One thing I will never understand is why hotels wallpaper bathrooms, especially bathrooms with jetted tubs; as this bathroom was equipped. I didn't try the jetted tub (for potential health concerns) so I don't know if it was functional. The handicapped stabilization bar next to the tub was loose. It was safe, it was just loose.

As I was getting ice I noticed a notice on the swimming pool room stating that the hot tub was inoperative.

In the morning, we were in a hurry to leave, so grabbed a bagel & drink. Noticed the hot plate/waffle maker was marked inoperative.

Checkout process was a breeze. Regardless of my seemingly negative review, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Another party booked my room and I was a little concerned about the $55 rate - generally not the best facilities at that rate. Overall, it was a cheap stay with decent facilities. The hotel is close to I-64, but still a few miles from Evansville - where most of your dining and shopping choices are located. The building seemed old, but fairly well kept. Room was clean, plenty of outlets, and wifi was adequate. The bed had a plastic cover under the bottom sheet which, well...concerned me a little; and frankly, wasn't that comfortable. For $55, it was a good stay, but I'd prefer to spend a little more for a newer (or, newer feeling) property in a better location.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2012

When I made a reservation for this hotel, I thought it would be in a commercial area with numerous dining choices nearby. Instead, it's in the middle of nowhere. The only places to eat are a couple of fast-food restaurants within walking distance, a buffet restaurant across the highway, a couple more fast-food places, and Denny's. If you want to go to a casual dining chain, you have to drive about 12 miles south to Lloyd Expressway. That's not what I wanted to do on a night when it was rainy, and the visibility and driving conditions were poor. The location is okay if it's late, you've already had dinner, and are just passing through on I-64, but I wouldn't recommend it for a leisure traveler.

The hotel itself was just okay--not bad, but nothing special. The remote for the TV wasn't working in the first room I was given, so I was switched to a different room. I was surprised to see that the second room had a flat screen, but the first had an old TV. I thought every room had the same kind of TV.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

While the exterior and the lobby looked very nice, our room, while spacious, was just average. Upon opening the door to our room on the third floor, we could immediately smell something musty. The room featured a king size bed that was very low to the ground, a tube TV, OK carpet and a window without a screen that opened up a crack. Bathroom was fine. For a one night stay, this hotel is OK but the rooms could use updating. P.S. the housekeeping staff and the breakfast hostess were very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side may be quieter."
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple