“The Studio rm is tiny and noisy. Hotel is nice and wish had diff room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Evansville East

Residence Inn Evansville East
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
Illinois US
“The Studio rm is tiny and noisy. Hotel is nice and wish had diff room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I've stayed in many Residence Inns since we enjoy having a kitchen and the extra space. This stay was in a studio room with a "queen" bed. It was a mini-queen at best and the room was noisy from a refrigerator that made noise each time it went on or went off- the room was so small this noise dominated the heater noise. It did not overcome the noise from the TV next door or the footsteps above. The staff is terrific at this location. A different room plan may yield better results. If left with a studio choice and on first floor again, I would pass. I would stay here again in a full size room on a top floor. Breakfast was pretty good, no yogurt and fruit selection was pineapple only. Breakfast was ready early which we appreciated.

Room Tip: Pick something other than studio, expect noise from above it on first floor. "Queen" bed i...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I just stayed here for one night and used a reward night. The location is very quiet and right across from a beautiful lake. Easy to get to. I was upgraded to a 2 bdr suite and it was very spacious, as I was staying all by myself. Everything was fresh and clean. The front desk clerk was very sweet too. She was in Dental Assisting School and we had a nice chat. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Such a great staff I'd recommend this hotel to anyone! Very comfortable beds as well as great breakfast and social hour cant wait to stay again my next trip to Evansville...................................

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been here in Evansville, Indiana since October 2012. The hospitality that the staff has given me has been wonderful. The rooms are perfect size, and the fact that some of the rooms have a full kitchen is great. I look forward to staying here until the end of the project.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Endicott, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been staying at the Residence Inn for months, and I do have to say that the staff has been wonderful. They have improved the patio area to accommodate our large business group, which included additional tables and chairs, along with a brand new grill. The Monday thru Wednesday night’s manager’s socials are a wonderful way to end the work day. Scott, the breakfast and dinner representative will always put his best effort forward to make you feel like you are at home. This hotel has made me feel like I am at home and staying with family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a frequent traveler who stays exclusively with Marriott. When there is a not a full Marriott or a Springhill Suites in the market, I turn to Residence Inn by Marriott. This is because of the spacious studio suites and comfort of these hotels where I spend a week at a time. My choice of a Residence in this time is something I regret. The hotel is old, outdated and run down -- quite disappointing, in fact. My suite was cramped and featured out-of-date furniture and a neglected feel.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John B
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I am a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, and I nearly always select Residence Inn properties when traveling with my children. This hotel had a good location for our recent trip to visit the Lincoln Boyhood home and birth sites. I booked a reward stay a couple days prior to our planned arrival for only a 1 night stay. Upon check in, the front desk agent was polite - but did not acknowledge my Marriott status or offer any type of upgrade.

The room was a bit worn, and the queen bed was the hardest, most uncomfortable of ANY Marriott I have EVER stayed in. The room was tidy, but not clean. There were some stray hairs in the restroom, a touch of toothpaste in the sink, and the dishes were not clean.

The air conditioning was LOUD! I did NOT get a good night's sleep.

Had this not been a reward (complimentary) stay; I would have complained or changed hotels.

One positive was the gentleman that took care of the breakfast. He took pride in his work! The food (although a tiny buffet) was fresh, and well tended.

Overall, there is a brand new Courtyard next door - I would probably book that property over the Residence Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
April T, General Manager at Residence Inn Evansville East, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to the the Evansville area! I apologize for our service failures that you experianced during your stay. I have reviewed your feedback with our Leadership Team, if you would like to discuss further offline please feel free to contact directly at the hotel.

Thank you for stayig with us!