“Great Location, Great Price, Quiet..but the breakfast (well...)”

Howard Johnson Evansville East
Ranked #8 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had the occasion on the weekend of 11/3-11/4 to stay at the Jameson Inn in Evansville, IN. My daughter's soccer team was 'assigned' to the Jameson Inn by the soccer tournament's housing agent. None of the parents on the team, including me, were thrilled. However, upon our arrival we were amazed to find the Jameson Inn on par with or better than some other hotels we have found ourselves 'assigned' to in the past. The hotel was very clean and maintained. We had a two-double bed room that was much bigger than anticipated. The hallways are long and wide and proved to be very, very quiet. The location of the hotel is perfect. Right across from the mall and has perhaps 20 restaurants within walking distance. Our only disappointment was the breakfast selection. Other than the do-it-yourself waffles, the only other 'hot' item was biscuits and sausage gravy (both days). I'm sure the Bob Evans across the parking lot appreciates the business generated from the lack of hot breakfast offerings. Overall, I would not hesitate to stay at this property again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 30, 2012

First of all i would like to thank Sandy and the crew for the exceptional Customer service without them my trip couldnt been disaster because flight was delayed, Airline misplaced my suitcase then when i got to the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. PLUS room was clean, breakfast had many items to choose from and huge room. if i ever come back here again i would choose Jameson.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before. As with past experience, there were a few issues experienced on this visit, too. The bathroom sink faucet, although operati8onal, was broken; the water in the shower/bathtub was very very slow to drain; we found some crumbs on the floor from a past guest; the in-room refrigerator was noisey; the in-roiom smoke detector "chirpped" three times during the night for an unknown reason; we had to wait nearly ten minutes for a replentishment of biscuts and gravey on the food bar. As we checked out, I told the desk clerk of the issues concerning the room.

The staff peronnel was extremely nice, especially the lady who checked me in.

I would never pay "rack rate" for this hotel, but when booking through a discounter, the hotel becomes an attractive place to say, even with a few relatively minor issues.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Friendly staff very helpful at the front desk. Room was clean which is good. The hotel was quite not a lot of loud noise. I've stayed here in the past but been a few years. I like the idea of a free breakfast it's nice to be offered it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We came to Evansville to go to Holiday World and Splashing Safari. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly clerk who quickly and efficiently checked us in. The room with two queen beds was spacious and clean. Our room had a large flat screen TV, that was clearly brand new. The breakfast had many items to choose from. The one thing that really stood out was that there was a large ever present staff who were happy to answer any questions we had and see that all of our concerns were met. I was so impressed that I have already reserved my next room at the Jameson Inn! On a side note, there is a fabulous wood ceiling in the lobby, nice first impression.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My stay was ok. The tv was old. It's back side was larger than Jennifer Lopez's butt in the 90s. The customer service was awesome. The young guy working the front desk was cool. I think he was in his early 20s. He was so nice and not to bad to look at :-) The shuttle service sucked. They weren't organized at all. I ended up taking a taxi to leave. The breakfast was a joke. It could have been fresher.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Warm greeting by manager Jamie. She made sure my every need was met. I did have special needs due to illness. Her kindness made me feel at home. The rooom was clean, large, & inviteing. The breakfast was more than expected at hotels. My stay here was more than I could have expected at a 5 star hotel. Mostly due to the service provided by Jamie & her staff. Thank you for a wonderful stay & I hope to stay here again..

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good room. if you have a special need just let the staff know & they...