“Not Bad for the Money”

Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Not Bad for the Money”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times before. As with past experience, there were a few issues experienced on this visit, too. The bathroom sink faucet, although operati8onal, was broken; the water in the shower/bathtub was very very slow to drain; we found some crumbs on the floor from a past guest; the in-room refrigerator was noisey; the in-roiom smoke detector "chirpped" three times during the night for an unknown reason; we had to wait nearly ten minutes for a replentishment of biscuts and gravey on the food bar. As we checked out, I told the desk clerk of the issues concerning the room.

The staff peronnel was extremely nice, especially the lady who checked me in.

I would never pay "rack rate" for this hotel, but when booking through a discounter, the hotel becomes an attractive place to say, even with a few relatively minor issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Friendly staff very helpful at the front desk. Room was clean which is good. The hotel was quite not a lot of loud noise. I've stayed here in the past but been a few years. I like the idea of a free breakfast it's nice to be offered it.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Shelbyville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We came to Evansville to go to Holiday World and Splashing Safari. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly clerk who quickly and efficiently checked us in. The room with two queen beds was spacious and clean. Our room had a large flat screen TV, that was clearly brand new. The breakfast had many items to choose from. The one thing that really stood out was that there was a large ever present staff who were happy to answer any questions we had and see that all of our concerns were met. I was so impressed that I have already reserved my next room at the Jameson Inn! On a side note, there is a fabulous wood ceiling in the lobby, nice first impression.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My stay was ok. The tv was old. It's back side was larger than Jennifer Lopez's butt in the 90s. The customer service was awesome. The young guy working the front desk was cool. I think he was in his early 20s. He was so nice and not to bad to look at :-) The shuttle service sucked. They weren't organized at all. I ended up taking a taxi to leave. The breakfast was a joke. It could have been fresher.

• Stayed April 2012
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Warm greeting by manager Jamie. She made sure my every need was met. I did have special needs due to illness. Her kindness made me feel at home. The rooom was clean, large, & inviteing. The breakfast was more than expected at hotels. My stay here was more than I could have expected at a 5 star hotel. Mostly due to the service provided by Jamie & her staff. Thank you for a wonderful stay & I hope to stay here again..

Room Tip: I think any room would be a good room. if you have a special need just let the staff know & they...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel was a great pick in Evansville. It was exceptionally clean and comfortable. Very nice staff and good breakfast. This is the nicest Jameson Inn that I have stayed at. The location is excellent. It is right accross the street from the mall and within easy walking distance to restaurants. It was about a 5-7 minute easy drive to downtown and the casino.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The room was comfortable as was the bed. The sitting area had only one chair but was adequate. The cleanliness was excellent and the staff was very polite and helpful. Near dawn, a tornado touched down nearby. We did not receive any notice of this. The breakfast was adequate but lacked choices with the only hot item being biscuits and gravy. Even with the shortcomings, it was a good value and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple