“Hotel quality has deteriorated and so has the service.”

Extended Stay America - Evansville - East
Ranked #27 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Mount Juliet
“Hotel quality has deteriorated and so has the service.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this hotel every time we visit Evansville for the last four years. We have had a few mild complaints in that time but this last visit was just horrific. The lady at the front was extremely unfriendly. Never bothered to look up from her computer as I checked into the room. The internet is now free (they use to charge) but it is now very slow and almost worthless. The website says they now have a "grab-and-go" breakfast but we were never informed of that upon check-in and my fiance happened to go to the lobby early the day we checked out and said they had coffee and fruit set out, guess that was the breakfast. Our room was dirty. All of our socks were black after the first day. We had to move the couch to retrieve a puzzle piece and found two dirty socks, half of a reese's cup, a bottle cap, a button, and a pen top. Our blanket had several large cigarette burns in it. The freezor and the floor of the bathroom had sticky pink spills. Several of the dishes and the silverware were dirty. The cabinet where the cups were was so sticky that pieces of the cabinet came off when we pulled the cups free. The temperature control knob on the stove had no numbers on it so we had to guess at how hot the stove was set for. The heat did not work properly. I had to call the front desk three times during our stay because the people above us sounded as if they were trying to collapse the ceiling. My infant was awoken numerous times by these rude people throughout the day and night. The first time I called was at 10:30 at night and the guy who answered did not seem to know what hotel he was speaking for and sounded completely disinterested in my complaint. The last time I bothered to call the lady who answered dismissed my complaint claiming they had a "young child" as if that is an excuse for disturbing others. In the past it felt as if we were the only guests in the hotel as it was so quiet. Our room did not have tissues, paper towels, sufficient cooking equipment, or toiletries, all things normally supplied. I no longer feel comfortable bringing my young children to this dirty hotel and will be finding someplace else to stay when we visit again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New Carlisle, Ohio, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I love staying here when I visit Evansville, I've stayed several times and have NEVER had a bad experience! It's always clean and the staff is always friendly and helpful. It's like a home away from home with a full kitchen and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The best part is that its very affordable! I won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Evansville!

Room Tip: I've stayed on every floor in a variety of rooms and all of them are good!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and gave it a
very negative review. While I appreciated the fact that the manager took the time to reply to my post and apologize for the poor conditions, I think he is in some sort of denial. The picture of the room that appears online is nice and NOTHING like the room that you get. There should be a disclaimer on the photo.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank MsSCMomof4
Adrian V, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am truly grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We are currently making improvements at all of our locations. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at eve@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town. Sincerely, Laura ALexander General Manaager Evansville, IN

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

evansville
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

There is nothing "deluxe" about this nasty flea laden hotel. Our air conditioner at our home was not working so we decided to get a hotel for the night. This was close to our house and reasonable. The hotel is not THAT old so I figured it would be ok. I could not have been more wrong. The girl at the front desk was nice and courteous. We headed for our room and immediately as we walked down the hall I got a bad, sinking feeling. There was an odor. Nothing I could pinpoint but an odor nometheless. The hallways were small and dark. Rooms had furniture from the 80's. With bed bugs making a come back I thought we should check. We proceeded to take the mattress off and lifted up the box springs. There was hair, candy stuck to the wall, 2 live spiders and dirt and dust a plenty! We didn't actually see any bed bugs but did notice there were blood spots all over the sheets which are indicative of bed bugs from where they pierce your skin and suck your blood while you are sleeping. My husband had already taken his shoes off and his sock was almost black from so many fleas gathering on it. Fleas and indications of bed bugs was enough for me! Went back to the desk and asked if I could get a refund and she asked what the problem was. I told her and she asked then if we would like another room. I told her that we didn't want another room, just our money back. We got a refund and got out of there real quick. I wouldn't even stay there if it was free.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank kywildcatman11
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, September 7, 2012

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Worst. Hotel. Ever. The hallways and rooms reeked of cigarette smoke and burnt food (despite the fact the hotel professed to be non-smoking). In fact, we saw someone hanging half-out of one of the windows at midnight smoking. The bedlinens were scratchy and the mattresses were hard. The tiny kitchens are not very functional and all the furnishings were outdated and stained; looked like someone had picked them up off the curb somewhere. There were used Qtips on the elevator floor. I seriously doubt the place had ever received a good cleaning. The air conditioner thermostat was broken and kept loudly kicking on and off incessantly throughout the night. The bathtub was just scary. We had to book something else right away because the smell was just unbearable and had permeated our clothes and hair. There is a lovely Hilton Garden Inn across the street--stay there instead!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MsSCMomof4
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, August 15, 2012

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. As well, we have very strict cleaning and inspection guidelines, which our housekeeping staff abide to. They work hard to ensure each room is in the best condition possible, leaving no trace of the person who stayed before you. It seems in your case, we have failed.

Elizabeth, Indiana
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel and found it to be in a great location (right off the Lloyd Expressway and I-164. We only paid about $50 a night (with taxes) through Hotwire (2 star). Since this is an extended stay hotel, by in large, you see a different clientele than you would at a conventional hotel. The front desk (and I do mean front desk, you go into an office to check in) lady was very nice. The hotel is adjacent to a steak restaurant, Cracker Barrel, Cheeseburger in Paradise (same side of road and in the same development) and a host of other restaurants across the Lloyd.
The room is spacious with a comfortable bed and fold out sleeper sofa.
Overall, this property is average and for the price I paid, I cannot complain.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Evansville - East, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The room was really quite nice (especially for the price) and had a nice kitchenette for when we didn't want to eat out and for keeping some cold drinks for those hot Indiana days. The only real negative thing about it was the air conditioner wasn't quite keeping up with the humidity like we would have liked. It wasn't miserable or anything, just felt a little on the humid side in our room. Otherwise the room was exactly what we were looking for and exactly what we needed. Will most likely stay here again for the next trip out to see Grandma.

• Stayed May 2011