“Extremely Nice”

Hampton Inn Evansville
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed October 29, 2008

This Hampton Inn is extremely nice. The front desk staff were so kind, nice, and helpful. We really were treated like royalty here. They made sure our room was nice, clean and perfect.

They baked fresh cookies at night. The indoor pool was the perfect temperature and they even had an outside sundeck with chairs to relax on. There were lots and lots to choose from for breakfast - the most I've seen at a hotel in a long time. There is a huge pond with ducks in the backyard that is privately owned and I was glad to see the hotel kept their sidewalks free from any duck poop even though ducks freely roam the grounds there.

Our stay would have been absolutely perfect except for the flies at breakfast. They did a great job keeping the food hidden from the flies. Everything was covered - even the apples were individually wrapped in plastic wrap to ensure you could get an apple that a fly did not land on but trying to eat at a table there without flies landing on the food on your plate was impossible so we solved that problem by just taking our plates to our room and eating breakfast there. Not a big deal but I wish they could figure out how to rid the place of flies but considering how many people constantly go in and out the front door and with the large pond right outside, it must be difficult. I am thankful to them for taking the measures to make sure that no flies land on the breakfast food before we put it on our plate. I would stay here again, just remember to eat breakfast in your room!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2008

Positves: This was a nice hotel. Comfortable beds. Very clean. Polite and helpful staff. Free bottled water at the front desk (which I liked since I am a big water drinker) and warm, fresh baked cookies in the evening available in the lobby. Continental breakfast was quite good. Convenient location.

Negatives: We had made reservations for a non-smoking king room. They messed up and put us in a smoking room. We pointed this out and they were apologetic. We ended up with a non-smoking room with two double beds as the non-smoking kings were all taken. Also, our smoke alarm went off at 2:00 am the 2nd night we stayed there. It woke us up out of a sound sleep and really scared us. We called the front desk and discussed this with them as there was no fire. They apologized and the smoke alarm was fixed that day. They offered to not charge us for that night due to the inconvenience. Also, the wireless internet in our room did not work. However, I did have internet access when I plugged the computer in. It was slow at times.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2008

It's a trade off between good price and a decent night's sleep, and boy am I getting sleepy. The lobby is attractive. The Fitness Center is very crummy--three pieces of equipment shoe-horned into a stuffy room. There are no closets, just those cheap cupboards that aren't tall enough to keep my slacks from wrinkling. I listened to my neighbor's TV every evening and the burned out bulbs were not replaced. Get the picture? There are three other hotels within 100 yards of here and I'll call them and bargain for a better deal.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2008

I've been a loyal Hampton Inn customer for many years, but I had one of my best stays at this property, because the staff tried so hard to make my stay nice.

I am a light sleeper, so I prefer to stay on a higher floor, as far away from the vending machines and elevators as possible. I requested this online when I made my reservation, and the staff ensured that I had a room that wasn't on the "freeway" side of the hotel, and was at the far end of the floor from the elevators and vending machines.

The staff could not have been nicer when I checked in, when I needed more food at breakfast, or when I checked out.

I stay at Hampton Inns so often that the stays tend to blend together. The rooms are always clean, and usually well maintained, and the free breakfast is always a nice time saver. The extra hard dedication of the staff is what makes this property stand out.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank JoeMSP
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Stayed for business trip. Typically very good Hampton! Would recommend to anyone. Older (80s~90s) building has strange lobby/breakfast layout, but entire building is updated to the latest Hampton Inn(Hilton) 'codes': Has best-in-class "Hampton Bed"; wired(love it!) & wireless internet; clean & fresh room; wall mount thermostat; reasonably quiet heat/AC; updated bathroom facilitates; typical good Hampton Brkfst. Friendly staff - typical of Hamptons. My room would have been cramped for family - but adequate for business traveler. Can walk ~250 feet to "Texas Roadhouse" chain restaurant. Many other chain restaurants & "big-box" retailers within 2~3 minute drive. Particular for business trvlr: Panera Bread (free wifi), Walmart, Target, & Staples.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2007

I recently stayed at this property while on a business trip to Evansville. The hotel is modern with basic accommodations that make business travelers happy. The rooms were a good size with comfortable beds and hot showers. The free internet was a plus as well and was pretty quick.

The hotel is located in a very developed area of Evansville. Most of the chain restaurants the city has to offer are near by, including a Texas Roadhouse right next to the hotel.

For the price, this hotel provides an excellent base for a business trip. I'll be in Evansville throughout February and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2007

This is a nice and clean hotel. It's also quiet since it is set back from the interstate and the busy Lloyd Expressway. It is within walking distance of Cracker Barrel, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Pasta Grill, and Texas Roadhouse. It is also a 5-minute drive to Panera or Moe's Southwest Grill, Bonefish Grill, and retailers such as Target.

In general, I like Hampton Inns so that is why I chose this one for a stay for a soccer tournament. This particular one did lack some of the things I've seen at other Hampton Inns such as the little store that sells snacks, a hot tub, and suites. Since we were here for a soccer tournament it would have been nice to have a suite (there's a Residence Inn just down the street) for all of our stuff, a refrigerator for drinks, and access to a washer and dryer.

• Stayed: May 2007