Hampton Inn Evansville
Courtyard Evansville East(Evansville)
$116
Hotels.com
$105
Comfort Inn & Suites Evansville(Evansville)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
$129
$115
Travelocity
All reviewsfront desktexas roadhousein townvery nice hotelroom was cleanconvenient locationcracker barrelsmall lakecomplimentary breakfastfitness centereasy accessup to daterestaurants and shoppingbusiness tripnice stayindoor poolgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was our second motel we stayed at during the Veterans Weekend Soccer Tournament. Not being with any of the soccer teams, I appreciate the management's efforts at keeping the motel comfortable for everyone staying at the motel.The first motel didn't seem to care how much noise the kids were making. So we left there and took a chance with this Hampton. I am so glad we did. Except for seeing kids coming and going in soccer uniforms, you would never know that the motel was filled with kids. I also commend the parents for keeping their kids in line. I thank the motel staff and the parents for a good nights sleep.

An advantage this motel has over the other is the indoor pool. Instead of running up and down the halls the kids were able to go into the pool room and release their energy. Perhaps the next time management could bend the rules a little bit and allow the team to have their pizza party in the pool area. That way the noise would not filter into the guest rooms. I noticed that the no food or beverage rule was overlooked in the pool area on Saturday afternoon anyway.

As always at a Hampton, our room was very comfortable. This motel will now be our choice for our two to three visits to Evansville we make each year.

If any of the soccer coaches read this that were not happy with this motel, there is a motel on the other side of Lloyd Expressway that begins with the letter L that will let you kids make all the noise they want..

Again, I commend the management for keeping the motel enjoyable for all quest.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Brandon L, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your great review! We did learn some lessons from past experiences with teams to set standards before arrival on what we expected from the parents. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We recently stayed in Evansville for a soccer tournament and were required to stay in tournament approved hotels. Doing my research on the web, this seemed like a best choice from all the hotels participating in the tournament for our two soccer teams. Unfortunately, our actual experience did not match this hotel's web site claims or any other experience I’ve had during a hotel stay.

From the website - 'Enjoy a warm welcome and comfy accommodation at our hotel'
We didn’t feel welcome after Mechele at the front desk threatened to charge our entire soccer club an extra night’s cost for making noise the first night of our stay. The ‘noise’ in question was a team meeting in my hotel room from 9:45PM - 9:55PM to remind the girls that good behavior was expected in the hotel and curfew would be 10:00PM. The hotel had signs in the lobby stating that no noise or disturbance could be made after 11:00PM. I was shocked to be threatened with extra charges because our girls were talking (not shouting) in a hotel room well before the hotel’s 11:00PM limit.

From the website - 'Host a meeting or social event in our meeting room'
In the week before our stay, I reserved the meeting room from 6:45PM - 10:00PM for a pizza party. I explained to the staff that we would use the room for the parents and kids to meet up and eat pizza. The hotel staff okayed the use of the conference room for this purpose. However, while we were using the room, we received multiple complaints from the staff about the noise...starting at 7:30PM. Our parents and players were talking at a normal, social level. Apparently, one can only socialize in whispers at this hotel. At 9:30, the hotel manager - Josh - came into the room to complain that we had food in the room and that he couldn’t believe we would leave a room in this condition. I reminded him we had reserved the room until 10:00 and that our parents had already gotten trash bags from housekeeping to use for clean up. The manager continued to criticize our group and complain about all the grass on the floor. I pointed out that we had been on soccer fields all day and the grass couldn’t be helped. I offered to vacuum the floor if that would make him feel better. At that point, most of the parents had moved into the lobby (since we were pushed out of the conference room) and Josh told me that we made his lobby look like a Motel 6. Nice, huh?

From the website - 'Start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast'
I guess you are welcome to a hot breakfast unless you are a soccer player. Our girls are required to come down and eat breakfast together in club uniform. They sat together and, though chatty, they were respectful and cleaned up after themselves. When one of our girls politely asked for more hot chocolate at the beverage bar, one of the staff snapped “I’m busy”. She then walked over to another staff member and within hearing of our parents said “Don’t give those girls anything”.

From the website - 'Relax in a comfortable guest room with a TV and free WiFi, and unwind on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®'
If you are traveling with kids, there is no relaxing or unwinding here. You will constantly be tiptoeing in the hallways at 12:00 noon and reminding kids to whisper. You won’t be allowed to talk in the hallways, the conference room or the lobby without stern looks and threats from management. Your kids will be kicked out of the pool for making noise as ours were. Apparently, this hotel has a number of workers staying with them that work at night and sleep during the day. I completely understand if this Hampton’s primary focus is on those workers. However, do not participate in a soccer tournament, take $129 a night from two soccer teams (25+ rooms for two nights) and then complain and threaten the kids for the entire weekend.

We left shortly after breakfast on Sunday. When I went to the front desk to check out, after paying $129 a night for some of the worst hospitality I’ve ever received, the lady at the front desk didn’t say a word to me. She just printed my receipt and handed it to me with a cold look. I’m not sure that the management team at this hotel belongs in the hospitality industry. Perhaps librarian or prison guard would be a better fit?

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Walter R
Reviewed November 5, 2013

To be fair, the hotel was generally clean, the rooms were as advertised and they had 24/7 coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby. That ends my praise.

We went here as a "captive" audience because we were required to stay here because the soccer tournament in which my daughter was participating required all out of town teams to stay here (kick backs from hotels with such tournaments are common). We tried to check in early, but our room would not be ready until 2:00 (not their problem, so I don't fault them for that). While waiting in the lobby, our daughters were doing their homework since their was little else to do. A staff member was mopping the floor and complained the entire time about how dirty the guests had made the floors (again, soccer tournament families were required to stay here, and soccer games are usually played on this stuff called grass). Yes, there was some extra dirt and grass on the floor from the guests, but what did they expect?

While waiting, another staff member spilled some water and then left to find something with which to clean it. The staff member that was mopping and complaining then 1) blamed a soccer kid for doing it (she didn't), and 2) said "that's not my job" when a customer informed her of the spill.

The front desk refused to give us the wifi code even though we were there to check in and were not going anywhere. To say that the desk clerk was short with us when asking about it would be overly generous.

The pool lacks a hot tub and the hotel all but ordered us to be quiet when we were in a meeting rooms and having a meeting.

I will not stay in this hotel again if we go back to this tournament.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 4cortinas
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed here on a few different occasions and am never disappointed. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The breakfast is always very good and the Staff has always been very helpful. The location just off of the Lloyd / 164 is very convenient and restaurants are plentiful in the area near the Hotel. I will definitely return again in the future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel reception was very good, common areas are clean but when going into the room it feels old and not well maintained, the TV furniture was very dusty, to my surprise the previous guest garbage was there, this makes you wonder if bedding is really clean, the amount of dam all black lint on the covers does not help to give you a sense of cleanliness.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business