“No wireless access in rooms”

Hampton Inn Evansville
Ranked #10 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel accomodations are fine and similar to other Hampton Inns. It is conveniently located and several restaurants are in walking distance. The only problem was the lack of wireless internet in the room. You can connect through a hardwire, which we did, but we brought more than one laptop. Apparently you can connect to wireless in the lobby but we did not try that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Evansville

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Convenient location with plenty of restaurants and stores nearby. Friendly reception and lots of space in this property. Nice pool area and fitness area. Continuing the Hampton and Hilton tradition of excellence. I plan to return when in town for business.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and I have to say the hotel is just OK. The hotel is in comfortable location with wall mart / stapler showrooms etc nearby in walking distance and also just in the side of big and nice lake.

But there is no restaurant or room service except for buffet breakfast that too not so great about that. But still you can manage since there are many restaurants nearby. Also the swimming pool is located as indoor which makes the swimming experience not so good.

Other than that, staff are good and cleanliness is good. It is better to be prepared and take everything required since the hotel provides only towel and hand soap.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I was planning a Sister's road trip.One Sister lives on the Illnois and Indiana line.Saw this Hotel.And it was a good choice. Close to shopping and eating places.
Hotel was very clean.Staff was very friendly and helpful.Rooms were also very clean.
Had Breakfast next morning very good. Had a WONDERFUL time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My fiancee and I stayed here when we were in town on a trip to the Casino in Evansville. The check in process was very smooth and the guy at the front desk was extremely nice. Unfortunately, when we got to our room our "check in gift" as Diamond Hilton members was not in the room. This is the second time in the past 2 stays that we haven't received the snack and bottled water. The hotel was very busy this particular weekend, but the noise level wasn't too bad. Breakfast in the morning was well stocked considering the place was packed at 900am. The room itself was fairly clean, although my fiance found a hair that wasn't hers in the bed (yuck). There was ample parking and the hotel was a safe place to stay. I Have stayed at this hotel before in the past and it constantly meets our expectations. I would recommend this hotel if you're in the area and looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay. One note is that they did NOT have wireless internet in the room, but they did have Free Internet via plug in cord. There are a lot of hotels in the area, but we often pick this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I normally stay at Hampton Inns while traveling. The staff was friendly but short and snappy with answers. The room I stayed had terrible acoutics. I could hear every noise from outside and the peoples conversations in the hotel. The outside trim on the shower wall had black mold around it. The internet connection was terribly slow for a metropolitan area. I was given the wrong code then accused by the front desk that it was my laptop that was faulty. The room was a single queen on the forth floor. The pool area was full of about 50 children screaming at the top of their lungs. The management just game me a shoulder shrub when reported. After a sleepless night I tirned in my key then told my story. They gave me a refund but acted like they were doing me a favor. Maybe this was just one of those bad days but I will think twice about staying here again.

Room Tip: Look around for another hotel in the area
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2011

we enjoy a short trip getaway and evansville is a perfect for that. this was our second stay at this hamptton inn and enjoyed our stay both times. nice clean rooms, comfortable beds,heated swimming pool. we stay at hampton inn on most of our trips and this one stacks up with the best. restaurants within walking distance and a walking path around a small lake right next to the hotel. the breakfast bar even had a waffle iron all in all a nice stay. we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple