WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel

Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Zionsville, Indiana
“Don't judge the book by it's cover.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Made a last minute booking using priceline and had some doubts about the property based upon having seen the exterior of the property on other visits to the area. I arrived just after a major snow storm and appreciated the lot being plowed and the sidewalks shoveled with a dose of salt added for providing pedestrians safe walking. Seems like common sense, but not always so well executed. Good job!
Greeted as I walked through the door and a pleasant lady quickly checked me in. As i walked through the first floor common area i noticed the interior did not live down to the appearance of the exterior. In fact, the area was clean and pleasant. Considering a full size indoor pool is within this area i was surprised at the lack of a chlorine mildew odor. The room was clean, fully operational and the bed comfortable. No exterior noise, even though the airport runway is just outside the rear of the building.
The next morning i noticed the pool was in use by several guests and the daylight confirmed my positive opinion of the hotel interior.
I will return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank marbleskies
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for a great review. We appreciate hearing a job well done on the snow removal, it can be quite a challenge sometimes! We hope to see you back as our guest soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Recently stayed here for business. I hadn't stayed at this hotel since it was converted over to a holiday inn. The updates are great and it really seems like an entirely new hotel. The lady who checked me in was probably once of the nicest hotel employees I have ever encountered. The room was clean and nice. The beds were comfortable and I couldn't have asked for a better room. Since it is an atrium hotel, the smell of the chlorine from the pool lingers everywhere. There were a lot of teenagers who were staying at the hotel and they spent the entire night sprinting up and down the halls and yelling. I realize this isn't the hotel's fault, but it was just annoying and make it hard to sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay, we appreciate you taking time to let us know how you are doing. We will use your helpful comments to ensure we are working as hard as possible to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. We hope to see you back soon!
Loogootee, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I went to the hotel for the NYE party. The place was packed with families/kids/couples. I was worried about the noise, but it was not a problem at all. The hotel was nice. It was up to date and clean. The rooms were nice. Breakfast was really nice. The staff was fantastic. The NYE party was in the ballroom, so it was away from the family crowds around the pool. I didn't care for the band at the NYE party, but other than that it was a good time.

I would recommend staying here for pleasure or for business. It's a really nice hotel and the great staff made it even better!!

1 Thank TravelPerson20
Thank you for bringing in the 2014 at our hotel! We look forward to having you back next year...and we will be bringing in another option for our entertainment that evening as well:)
Jasper, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was the 2nd year in a row that we spent hear at the Hotel. Although there was a bit of a mixup in communications between what I thought was going on and what was actually scheduled for the NYE package, the ladies it the front desk was able to straighten everything out in a very timely manner. The rooms and common area’s were clean and had no odors even though this is an older hotel. The room was nice and large, bathroom a bit on small side – but we didn’t spend much time in there. We had a inside facing room where we sat on the balcony for a while at different times and watched the people and kids. The NYE party was GREAT. A lot of families bring their kids for group NYE and party in the courtyard. When you went to your room and closed doors & curtains you would never know someone else was there even though the place packed with kids and party goers. Good food, only thing missing was the waffles, but that was not a big deal. We do plan on going back again for 2015 NYE party.

Room Tip: Only reasion I gave Sleep Quality a 4 was because I am use to a much softer bed.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We cant wait to have you back as our guest to ring in 2015! Thank you for your continued loyalty to our hotel when bringing in the New Year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had a date night with my husband here at the Holiday Inn Airport. We have no complaints. Everyone was very friendly. This is the best hotel I have stayed at. We stayed in a room with a king sized bed...the room & bathroom were very clean & spacious. Everything was upgraded (not old fashioned) from our bed spread to our flat screen TV. We had a balcony that looked over the lobby. The heated pool & hot tub was very nice. They have a restaurant there, a bar, & offer room service. We had a really good complimentary hot buffet breakfast in the morning. On the buffet they had eggs, ham, sausage, breakfast potatoes, oatmeal along with cereals, muffins, pastries, bagels, etc. Milk, orange juice, tea, & coffee to drink. This is the perfect hotel for anyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for a great review! We hope you and your husband come back to our hotel and enjoy another great getaway soon!
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel. I got a really good deal on the room so price was great for me. But even the normal price I feel would have been acceptable. My most important thing I think I need to mention is they DO have a hot tub! I didn't know this so I didn't bother taking my swim suit but we sat on the side and soaked out feet so it worked out. The pool was VERY warm which is awesome and hard to find from the places we've stayed so the boys (ages 9 & 12) really enjoyed that. They have a couple of tables and some chairs and loungers around the pool area. We also had a pool side ground floor room which was awesome! SO easy to get to the pool. They have special towels for the pool area which I liked so we didn't have to use our bath towels. I also like the fact that one of the lamps in the room had outlets made into it so it was nice and easy to plug in our laptop. This would have been handy to have something like this on the night stand to charge phones but we worked it out. They use bath and body products in the bathroom which is a nice little perk. The tv was nice, flat screen. We had 2 queen beds that were quite comfy and fluffy pillows, although a bit too much for me. When we checked in the girl gave us the free WIFI code which worked just fine. The rooms are a bit dated and this isn't the cleanest place I have stayed. All in all I would stay here again. There are a few fast food restaurants close by and there is a restaurant in the hotel that offers room service (which we did not use so I can't comment on food). But the breakfast buffet was good and consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, muffins, oatmeal, cereal, toast, potatoes, oj, milk, and coffee.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to pool get a poolside room. If you get groundfloor they have sliding doors...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
We are so happy to hear that you were able to make time for a little getaway! The holidays are a great time to find excellent rates and offers and also a great time for a getaway in the midst of all the hussle and bussle! We hope to see you again soon!
Fort Branch, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very nice with a atrium area with a nice pool and hot tub area. Pool was very warm even though it was about 19 degrees outside. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised that they had Bath and Body Works shampoo and body lotion. We had a nice balcony overlooking the atrium. The only suggestion we have is to have chairs on balcony. It would be nice to be able to sit out and have a cup of coffee in the morning. Free breakfast buffet in morning offered eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, cereals, and fruit. All associates that we encountered during our stay were very wonderful!

Stayed December 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We are very proud of our free hot breakfast and think it is one of the best in our area! We hope to see you back soon!