“Not what I expected”

Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff was exceptional. The breakfast was really bad and under stocked. I expected the breakfast to be at least comparable to other holiday Inn's. The room never got very cool even after asking staff to look at unit. The door lock system worked very poorly it took an upward of 6 times to get the door card to work in the doors. Multiple guest had this issue. As I said in the beginning the staff was exceptionally friendly. The hotel was very clean and the issues listed above were the only issues we had.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

I am so sorry you experienced these issues during your recent stay with us. We did have an issue with the key machine and are happy to say that it has been corrected with new equiptment. We will be sharing your feedback with our staff to make sure we are offering all options on our breakfast buffet as it is a great ammenity for our guests when done correctly. I am hopeful you will come back and try us again!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

If the hotel itself was equal to the staff this would rate excellent, unfortunately it doesn't. As my husband and I talked about it we decided the hotel itself was more like a lower end hotel, with a few upgrades, trying to be a high end hotel. We saw several things around the hotel that were in need of repair (corner moulding for example) and just tired looking. It was a clean hotel and the beds were quite comfortable. The staff was outstanding! Breakfast left something to be desired, it seemed the eggs were powdered eggs. In my opinion those are just yucky. They do have oatmeal, yogurt, breakfast meat, fruit and the like so I'm sure it would be enjoyable for most people. We were there for a wedding and got a discounted rate, I was glad because I don't think it is worth the regular price. We have stayed other places in Evansville and the hotels were nicer for an equal price.

Room Tip: do not stay on the first floor it is very noisy and the rooms are freezing! I also would try to get...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We want to take a moment and thank you for your feedback. I have shared your comments with our staff and we will be working hard to improve some areas that you have mentioned. We hope you come back soon and notice some of our changes!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I choose Holiday Inn airport Evansville since it is close to work. The rooms average but clean! I enjoy the indoor space , I was here a few times this passed winter it was nice to have space to work or walk around or eat when the is cold. Food is great free breakfast , the meals from the bar are of large sizes and taste great. I will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank br5498
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed for business. The people who work here are great, the hotel is spotlessly clean and the food/drinks are superbly priced.

Couldn't have wished for a more comfortable base!

Nice big room's with massive comfortable beds. Plenty of choice at breakfast

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jonny g
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip to Evansville! We enjoy getting feedback from our guests and I will be sure to share this with our entire team!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Within the last 14 months the facility became a Holiday Inn and the owners rennovated the entire building with outstanding results. Tamara, at the front desk, is an asset to any organization. She is knowledgeable and friendly and makes everyone feel at home. The graduation came off without a hitch, thanks to the great staff.

Room Tip: Look for a corner room when overlooking the atrium.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GJean1565

We are so happy to have our guests notice our recent renovation and appreciate the changes we made as we converted to a full-service Holiday Inn property. We thank you for the time you took to let other travelers know about our facility and our outstanding team members! Tamara is the best! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Holiday Inn is a favorite spit for visitors to the University of Evansville. I cam sure see why. This is a spacious hotel with all the comforts of a big city 4 star hotel, but with a decidedly lower cost.

The amenities are super, terrific indoor pool, first class exercise room and an unbelievable breakfast buffet. And super nice staff

It is really worth it to stay at the Airport Holiday Inn when traveling to Evansville. Whether it is for business or travel you can't beat it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review of our property! We sincerely appreciate your visit and hope to see you back at our location soon!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were in town for my daughter's graduation. The Holiday Inn Express on the West side of Evansville is much nicer than the Holiday Inn at the Airport. The HI at the Airport was more expensive (about $50.00 more) and is in need to some room renovations. There was a large gap between the carpet and the wall paper, big enough for a large mouse or insects to enter if it so desired. The bathroom was small and the wastebasket was placed in front of some very bad wallpaper. I did not shower the morning of departure because I just didn't feel as though the room was clean. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, for the price I expected them. The noise from a wedding reception was tremendous. I understand that they paid for the facility also, but the music was so loud and thumping I had to wad up toilet paper and put in my ears just to go to sleep. They could have at least kept the doors to the banquet room closed. I did call the front desk and the young lady was very nice and offered me additional priority points for this inconvenience. On the morning of departure, we were at the breakfast bar at 9:15. Breakfast is supposed to be served until 10. They were out of pastries, fruit, & yogurt. The apple, o.j., and milk containers were empty. We had to go back after our meals to get our drinks. The cereals are not kid friendly. On the morning of check-out, I discussed my concerns regarding my stay with the gentleman who checked me out. He said, "I told you when you checked in that we had a wedding party of 60+ people checking in and we were operating at 90% so running out of breakfast items is going to happen." I would think that if they were expecting a wedding party and that USI was having a graduation that weekend that they would have prepared for it. That's poor planning as far as I am concerned.The indoor pool appeared nice but it was so crowded that we didn't even try to swim. I will be back to Evansville to visit my daughter frequently but I will NOT be staying here again. I picked this hotel because I thought it would be a little nicer than the HI Express for a special occassion. I was sadly disappointed. My advice, If you are booking a reservation with this hotel inquire about any parties/receptions being held that evening. If so, and you are exhausted, don't plan on getting much peace, quiet, or rest.

Room Tip: Do not get a ground floor close to pool. Very noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We would like to apologize for your experience while staying with us. Your feedback will help us improve our service to all of our guests and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we stand and how we can improve our service.