“Great”

Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Was welcomed by Tamara who was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable about the hotel - their reservation process and gave me some tips on dining. Great way to start my stay. Was impressed with the breakfast - work out room - rooms - bathrooms - pillows - swimming pool. Only downside was loud music (Friday Night) a little too late 10:30 PM -I must be getting old. :)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jackcharles
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us and our team member. Tamara has been a very valued team member for several years in our hotel and we are very proud of her work! Our team members get a very special compliment when guests remember them by name and thank them for a job well done! I especially appreciate your business and compliments and will be sure that I share my gratitude with Tamara.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had a wonderful visit. The price beats Henderson KY prices. The free breakfast was great. The people in the front desk were friendly and so were other staff members. The staff make it so enjoyable to stay there. The pool was clean but the water was a bit cold. Or it could be that the air was cold since the pool is in an open area...? not sure but in the past we never had problems with the temp in the pool. But most important the Hotel is clean. Clean sheets... clean bed... clean bathroom. We slept well. We will return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OmairaChicago
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for one weekend night.

Our king bed room was not an atrium view - only one time did we hear anyone. The hotel was not crowded. Loved this room. New flat screen TV, lounge chair, and loved the pillows marked soft and firm. The thing I loved about this room was there was plenty of room to move around and you didn't feel crowded.

We did eat in the bar that has a restuarant memo. Food was good - again there were maybe 4 people in the bar that evening. Breakfast in the morning was more than sufficient.

Loved the pool and hot tub. Yes there were many kids but still plenty of room. Did use the exercise room the next day. The pool/spa/exercise area was very clean.

Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room facing the back of the property was very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I am a local and had a voucher for a stay through work. I decided it would be a great father-daughter weekend with my 4 year old. The room and atrium was clean and inviting. Despite the other reviews, absolutely every employee I came across was friendly and helpful. The pool and spa were great, with my only complaint being that the tiles were dangerously slick. The fact that kids were in the hot tub unsupervised seemingly constantly is more of a parental issue. The breakfast buffet is really good. Amazing stay, the only other problem was the locks are on eastern time and reset at 10am instead of the 11 am checkout time. Desk staff were very good about it though.

Room Tip: My child loved having a room overlooking the atrium, but for a more quiet experience you would be be...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport. We are very proud of the hotel since our renovation and are excited to be able to offer the free breakfast buffet to our guests! Hopefully we will see you again for any future lodging needs you or your company may have in our area!

Stacie

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I were fans of the Marriott before it was sold to the Ichotel Group. We have stayed at this hotel, now a Holiday Inn, twice, but have had to come to accept the fact that it's no longer the same quality of hotel! Granted the old Marriott needed work, but this Holiday Inn still needs the same work the Marriott needed while adding a few new problems of its own.

Although they could use updating, the rooms aren't that bad. The carpet and fixtures could use some updating but the overall condition was acceptable, the TV was a nice good sized flat screen and the kind bed was quite comfortable. We were on the 5th floor in an inside room and even though the pool was full of kids the noise wasn’t too bad and had died down by the time we went to bed. The biggest problem being on the 5th floor is that the two elevators have always been painfully slow and the weekend that we were there one of them was down the entire weekend. Don’t forget anything in your room and have to go back and get it like we did unless you don’t mind wasting a lot of time!
They say that they have some refrigerators available on first come first serve basis. There wasn’t a microwave (for popcorn or re-heating coffee) and they locked up the concierge room that the Marriott had on this floor so no microwave there either.
The biggest problem that we had in the room was the AC. We have difficulty sleeping if the room isn't fairly cool, and the room was luke-warm at best. The second night we had learned our lesson and kept the air cranked up as high as we could get it for the full 24 hours before. Still too warm but it was an improvement over the previous night. Overall, the temperature controls in the room are a long way from being responsive to the needs of the guest!

The next two big issues that we had were the "improvements" made by the Holiday Inn to the physical layout in the bar and restaurant and the changes/limitations to the service and menu of the food. Unfortunately our experience was that none of the changes were good.

The bar is now setup where it is wide open to the overall pool and entertainment area. When my husband first saw it he was favorably impressed with the appearance but the implementation was a real bummer. Over the weekend there were a lot of school kids on the property for a soccer tournament and the setup of the bar combined with the noise proved really loud and noxious. We had dinner elsewhere but chose to have dessert at the Holiday Inn. It was a major wrong move. The breakfast area was closed so you had to eat in the bar area, which could have been nice but the noise of the kids playing in the pool area was deafening and our intimate dessert moment was ruined. The architecture re-do setup was a major design flaw.

Finally, the old Marriott hotel had an above average restaurant. It's gone now. The breakfast is free, as is the internet btw, but the food is really sad (not bad, just sad) and not much of a reason to stay here. The breakfast bar includes all of the basics but lacks any personal touch or anything special. Feels like you are staying at a fast food hotel. As for dinner, dinner at the old Marriott was actually very nice but the menu here for dinner holds no appeal and the atmosphere holds even less.

I hate it. I miss the Marriott Airport. It was our own little secret. The Holiday Inn Airport is a poor substitute. For what it is for the money I suppose it’s fine but for someone who likes a full service hotel, it just doesn’t cut it.

The location is still good for our needs but if I can find another acceptable location, we won't be back.

Room Tip: If you plan to come and go a lot ask for a low floor so you don't have to fight the elevator. B...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacie V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Evansville Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. The information you have provided will help us look at ways to improve our performance while offering an affordable option for lodging needs. We are looking for new ideas all the time to keep our hotel and restaurant evolving into what our guests have come to expect from our location. Please let me know if you plan to return to our hotel in the future and I can make sure we select a quiet room for you in advance. I really hope that you give us another try.

Stacie Vercellino

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My 16 year old son and I stayed here over the weekend for a soccer tournament. We were also at this same hotel last year before the renovations. Hotel has a few changes: the lobby has more open space and the breakfast is free! Breakfast included yogurt; milk; oatmeal; cold cereal; eggs; bacon; sausage; roasted potatoes; donuts; fresh fruit; orange juice. Delicious! Bar area is nice too! Only 2 small issues at the hotel. First; our toilet flushed slow. Maintenance was up to our room in less than 5 minutes to fix it. Second; the 2nd morning of our stay I went to take a shower and water was cold! I said something to front desk on way to breakfast and they told me it was because the hotel was full from the soccer tournament. I was pleasantly surprised when they gave me that night free! Now that is customer service! Would definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Plank02
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've traveled a lot and stayed at many hotels; this one was great! Stayed overnight to catch a very early flight. Was a little over $100 with taxes and well worth saving my mother the hastle of driving us at 4:30am from Henderson, KY. Thought the look was very classy. The bar was nice with lots of flat screen tvs. Seemed family friendly. The indoor pool could get loud but that didn't bother us. The rooms were very clean and the look was very modern and new. Free shuttle to airport, can I say more?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple