Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East
Country Inn
$85
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Baymont by Wyndham Evansville East(Evansville)(Great Value!)
$82
$95
$67
$189
$183
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stay away, this hotel reeks like combination of mold and smoke. My room had a smashed lamp shade and the heater spit out black specks and smelled like smoke when I tried to turn it on. Twice during the night I awoke when police cars were rousting loiters in the parking lot, which is next to a nudie bar. The breakfast offerings were stale white bread, weak coffee, orange juice and four or five small cinnamon rolls in packages. I thought I was getting a two star hotel when I booked this hotel through Hotwire. I mistakenly trusted that a two star hotel through Hotwire would not be a complete dump or dangerous. This place was both.

Room Tip: Don't go here. Anywhere else is better.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Liv2plan
ABVI M, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Hello,

As my affiliation shows I am the owner of this property. I am not even going to being by apologizing for your problems because everything that you stayed could have been remedied if you would have brought it to our attention while you were still at the property. If you have stayed at the property within the past month you could have easily smelled FRESH PAINT because our entire property is currently being remodeled. Now if that is the bad smell that you are talking about, we've got our senses mixed up. As per the location of the "nudie bar," sorry but I cannot help where other business decide to put up shop. If they felt the need to build a bar near our hotel I have no say in that. Unfortunately I cannot pick up my hotel and move it to a location that you approve of. Lastly, I've double and triple checked my records, but I haven't had a single person stay at my property from California, so I really do not find your claims valid.

I believe you are taking out not getting what you wanted out on a respectable establishment. It is sad that you are going out of your way to purposely bring harm to this location that we have worked so hard on. It's a shame you are trying to sway innocent customers away only because of not receiving a next-to-nothing rate. May your future travels be worthwhile and I hope future hotels do not experience this sort of immaturity

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is not wheelchair friendly. It was dirty. It had wholes in walls were it was a visible patch job. No hot water pressure. Bathroom stool not clean. Hotel room and hallway was smelling. Old heating cooling system. It is Across from strip joint. Wholes in sheets and spread. Stains in linen. Dusty molded. Worse place ever And they call them selves remolding it is a half job the place is unfit. The computer in lobby can't print it is a old system buyers beware and it's not safe

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Hopearies
ABVI M, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Evansville East, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are currently undergoing major property changes, which I am certain that you saw. We are completely renovating the rooms and the first stage of that is removing the wall paper, changing wall color, etc. I wish that that process was cleaner and didn't exude so many fumes. Our next stage, which starts this upcoming week, is furniture change. Our third stage, which is going to be happening the first week of May, is changing the A/C units and TVs in all of the rooms. Our final stage, which will be happening before the end of May, is a complete linen change. I am truly sorry that you had to deal with our changing conditions. It is a long process and no one stay is going to nullify those changes.

As the property manager I truly appreciate your comments, because every bit of information given to us is an opportunity for us to better ourselves. I hope you accept our sincerest apologies on your regretful stay and would consider staying with us again to let us redeem ourselves.