“Best Chinese in Evansville” 5 of 5 bubbles

Yen Ching
Ranked #41 of 403 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Evansville, Indiana
“Best Chinese in Evansville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food and the service is excellent. Everyone is extremely friendly. I highly recommend Yen Cheng!

Visited June 2014

Lewisville, Texas
“EARLY LUNCH”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ordered the chicken in garlic sauce. Perfect seasoning and plenty of food. I enjoyed visiting after many years away.

Visited May 2014
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Best Chinese in Evansville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect a buffet unless you go for Sunday lunch. Great food! My personal favs egg drop soup, crab Rangoon, and general tso chicken. Lunch specials are $5.50-6.50!

Evansville, Indiana
“Really good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Nice place, nice decor. Not buffet food. Wonderful staff. First time here. I ordered way more than I could eat, but new I cold eat it at home. I started with soup, they have many kinds, some are two servings. I had Hot and Sour soup for one. Also order your Pot Stickers right away, and do get them. They only make these dumplings as they are ordered, and it may take 15 min or more to get them to you. Wonderful, springy dough, perfect meat filling. and 6 for just over 6$. I ate them all and drank all my soup. That would have been enough for the day. I also had a large pot of hot tea. But I ordered Empress chicken and beef fried rice. This is really 2 separate meals.
The chicken dish is battered chicken stir fried with vegetables. Then covered in that bright red oil. it was cooked to perfection. Served with a large helping of steamed white rice.
The fried rice was an even larger serving. Generous helpings of thin cut beef, lots of peas, all really good.
This restaurant also has meals for two or complete family meals for 5.But their carry out appears to be the most popular. While I was eating the people did not stop coming in to get their orders, and this was at 4pm on a week day.
The menu is huge. You may want to look at it before heading out to get an idea of what you might order. They do not limit themselves to one style of chines food, but excel in all.
Sundays they do have a buffet if that is what you are after. I did not have the crab Rangoon, but the ladies next to me did, and they raved about it.
Again, all the food is fresh daily, and cooked to order. I did not ask for mine to be hotter, which I like, just to get a feel for their base. It was not very spicy at all, so feel free to ask for more heat if you want it. This is a real restaurant, the way it should be.
This is family owned and has been in this town for decades, always good service and fresh food.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Charles M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Amazing Chinese Food in the Midwest? Absolutely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am a picky New York/EastCoast business traveller who dines out 5 days per week. I read reviews before trying new places and am often disappointed. In this case, the glowing reviews didn't do this place justice. One of the finest Chinese restaurants I have ever sampled. The most amazing part was the freshness of the food, particularly the meats. Fresh boned chicken, fresh shredded pork, juicy and delicious beef. I eat here half the time I am in Evansville.

• Visited January 2014