“Good pizza, Good service”
Review of Old Chicago

Old Chicago
Ranked #22 of 430 Restaurants in Evansville
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my husbands favorite places to eat. He is carnivorous at heart (son of a Butcher) and loves the Chicago Deep Dish crust. Although I am a thin crust kind if girl, this pizza is good. My hubby gets the Meat Me, as most of you can guess it, it's all meat! Five different kinds to be exact. I prefer the Chicago seven; pepperoni, italian sausage, red onion, green pepper, fresh mushrooms, cheese (I don't get the black olives). We started with cheese garlic bread, which when they brought it out my husband looked at me and said, "where's the rest of it"? It literally looked like they cut a piece of french bread in to four pieces, threw some cheese in it and served it with Marana for $3.00. I got a side Cesar salad which was one of the best I've had. The lettuce was crisp, they didn't scrimp on the croutons or cheese and was perfect! My salad came less than five minutes after I ordered it. The piece of garlic bread took longer, but our server came and apologized for how long it took, about 20 minutes and our pizza was out ten minutes later. They were busy for a Sunday night and over all we had a good time. The bill totaled $35.96 which isn't to bad for a large speciality pizza, side salad, two drinks and a piece of bread. Not bad considering 1/2 the pizza came home and will be lunch tomorrow. As always, make sure you tip well for your service and have a great time!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Sad to say this place is going down hill. Perhaps it will get better as they are bringing back some menu items, like the fish and chips, real cod, that I am anxious to try.
had the thin crust pizza, medium pepperoni. Good when right out of the oven, Small square cut like I like thin crust to be. but by the 3rd piece, the crust was soaked in grease, after that it was not edible, the topping came off each piece as a slab of cheese and meat. A soggy piece of crust that just needed to be tossed.
I used to like the Nachos grande, which we ordered as am appetizer. not nearly as good as it used to be. they changed the salsa and peppers. It was fair. Can no longer get guacamole.
To be fair to the staff, none of this was the servers fault, they were great, and I treated them right. Beer can take a long time to get there if you do not sit in the bar area, I prefer the bar itself!
Also had a hamburger, this was good. Expensive and not the best ever, but better than any fast food anywhere. a good burger, Bacon was burnt, But that is better than raw limp bacon. I ate half , took the rest home. Order it medium, it had about 1/3 pink in the middle, a little underdone, but was good the next day out of the microwave. Great bun. No sesame seed I hate those.
Go to this place for the beer, If you are going ot go once a month, join the beer club, they give you free T's and playing cards. I have got some nice stuff over the years from this place. Mondays have a great deal on 10 oz draft, all of em, not just dom.
110 bears in bottle or draft, all types, and the change throughout the year. Not sure on a draft, sample one. It is free.
Lunch buffet looks good. they have this pizza roll you can get as an appetizer, the pepperoni roll, try it, best thing in the place. If you like it come for the lunch buffet, they have them always hot and fresh on the buffet.
Party and kid friendly, think crust pizza is the only one to get here. I gave a low review, as I have had much better years ago at this place, it may be your thing.
Oh, good place to watch the game and have a beer or 2. Lots of tvs, all over the place, turned up loud enough at game time you can hear it. Lots of reasons to come, thin crust pizza is not one of them, Open late too.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Surprisingly, I was the only person in my party to order any type of pizza or calzone. I took the server's suggestion and ordered the Chicago 7. It was huge! It was definitely enough food for 2 or 3 people. It was quite good. The other people in my party had burgers because apparently, this restaurant is known for that. They really seemed to enjoy the burgers so I'll have to try one on my next visit.

1  Thank liane69
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Excellent sunday evening with our Grandchild Lucy (1yr). Servers were very attentive to us all. Calzones ordered and pepperoni rolls the best we were greeted and attended to very well. Good job to all.
T & L

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friends who live in the Evansville area suggested I meet them at Old Chicago for dinner, to which I agreed. And...what a great suggestion! The atmosphere was great, the service was great. We had the "meat me" tavern pizza which was delicious. I will gladly return when I travel to Evansville again.