“Not worthy of a "three star" rating”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Evansville
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The experience with this property was a bit bizarre. It started with check-in: I was running late and needed to check in quickly so I could get ready for a dinner meeting. The desk clerk was just starting to check me in when he took a phone call from someone wanting rate information so I stood there and stood there... Finally, the clerk saw that I was getting agitated and put the caller on hold. He was nice enough through the rest of the check-in process...

I don't think the hotel was anywhere near full occupancy but I was assigned a "handicap" room. The bathroom had a tiny vanity and one dim fluorescent light. The room somewhat clean, I guess - but there were candy wrappers on the floor underneath the desk. The bizarre part was that most all of the lamps were unplugged. I also discovered that the in-room refrigerator was unplugged after I placed beverages in it to cool down for later -- needless to say I learned the hard way that the fridge was unplugged too. Even the phone cords to the in-room phones were unplugged. And, on top of it all -- the "sleep setting" for the TV didn't work and the in-room clock was about 80 minutes off from the actual time. All of this gave me an uneasy feeling.

Another bizarre thing: the second night, when I pulled back the bedsheets to cash out, I found a towel in the bed -- still damp from the morning shower.

Two other things: I could hear the footsteps from the people occupying the room above me -- all night long on the second night of my stay. And the 'free breakfast' was the standard fare of a one or two star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank indeaugie

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Checked out of La Quinta this morning after an extended stay. First, the staff was amazing! They were always smiling and friendly. Over the course of some time I came to know almost every staff member and they are all wonderful. As a hotel the rooms are spacious and clean, the internet is fast and reliable, and the breakfast offers a great variety. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay and I highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. I want to thank the staff for such a great time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Matt P
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff very helpful. Very clean rooms. Pool nice. They do need an ice machine on each floor was inconvenient to have to come down to 1st floor to get ice every time I needed it. Hotel was busy and didn't have enough seating for the breakfast however food was great

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Amylmt1
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Picked this hotel because of reviews. Very convenient access of 164. We stayed 2 nights going back and forth to Holiday World and there aren't many options close to the park. This hotel had a good rate and we got a 2 room suite which was really nice. The bathroom was average and the room was clean. The beds were comfortable and the free wi-fi is a bonus. Breakfast was good for a hotel and included biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, waffles, pastries, juice, coffee, etc. Very friendly front desk people. Found it odd that we had a double queen bed room with a sleeper sofa for a total of 5 people and there were 2 towels when we got there and they gave us 2 towels when the room was cleaned. Not a big deal, I just found it odd when I think it would be obvious that more than 2 people would be sleeping in that big of a room. The pool is around the back of the pool and looks like an after thought. It is outside so if you go in the winter, it will not be an option. We didn't use it but it looked okay. The location of this hotel is nice and convenient to restaurants if you can get out there and find your way back. There are two ways in and one way out. Again, lots of food options very close to it.

Room Tip: If you have 3 or 4 kids, get the suite. It is a little bit more money but worth it for the space...
2  Thank Shannon B
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I probably shouldn't share this, as it is hard to find a room during this time of year. Just kidding, this hotel has a great staff, and are very friendly and accommodating, the room was very presentable and clean, the location is excellent with many restaurants near by, couldn't ask for a better stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank henryg345
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had to travel from Florida to our former hometown due to family illness. We arrived after driving over 13 hours and seeing family in the hospital to a very clean and accomodating hotel which was fantastic!!! The beds were the BEST I have ever slept on away from home!! Good breakfast but the preparer had trouble keeping up with the demand but very clean and tasty.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed here while dropping off a child at the University of Evansville. The room was very comfortable and the staff was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was decent -- not as many options as some other places but everything was fresh.

1  Thank ohiomom415