“If I wanted to be attacked by fleas, I would have stayed a a dog pound...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
and 1 more site!
Homelife Studio & Suites
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Spencer
“If I wanted to be attacked by fleas, I would have stayed a a dog pound...”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I arrived on a Thursday for a 4 day business stay. The lobby was nice and the front desk staff were friendly when I arrived. When I entered my room, I put my bags down and sat on the side of the bed to take my shoes off.

Immediately, I started itching and I saw little black bugs - FLEAS - jumping all over me. Within seconds, my lower legs were blanketed in a carpet of fleas. Horrified, I'm trying to brush them off as fast as I can while grabbing my bags and running outside. After 20 minutes of doing the flea dance, I go back into the lobby and politely tell them about my attack. The manager was not overly concerned, and I waited about 15 minutes to be switched to a different room - thankfully in a different building. When I asked what to do about my now contaminated belongings, she tried to find a maintenance person, but couldn't, and handed my a can of "roach spray"?!? It was a sellout weekend in the area, so changing hotels wasn't a practical option or I would have just left.

My replacement room was OK, even though the sheets were stained and the bathroom was moldy. After 2 days, I was out of soap and towels and my room still had not been serviced, so I had to ask for that. Then on the third day my key cards wouldn't unlock the door. When I went home I put all of my clothes in trash bags to wash in a laundromat. The last thing I want to do is bring home a herd of fleas to my 2 young children.

All in all, avoid at all costs. I know I'll never go back there again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mysdnc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newport News
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This is in a bad location to start. It is pretty bare and an eyesore. The management, mainly Nancy was horrible. Very rude!! Would not stay there ever again nor would I recommend it.

• Liked — the rates were ok
  • Disliked — the management is terrible, the rooms are bare and plain
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank srh0522

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

IL
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The hotel was clean, had good service, and had everything needed for a great stay. Rooms have coffeemaker, hairdryer, microwave, refrigerator, and wireless Internet. The breakfast in the lobby was good. The pool was a little cold. The hot tub was good. The room rate was a little too high as I have stayed in comparable hotels for less. However, all of the hotels in the area are overpriced. The hotel is located in a shopping district with a variety of restaurants.

• Liked — Microwave, refrigerator,wireless Internet, breakfast, smoking rooms
  • Disliked — price
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
Tennesee
Reviewed July 10, 2007

Our room was like a small apartment. We had a FULL size refrig, full size sink, microwave and toaster oven. I don't really like walk up rooms but I felt safe. Location is close to shopping and great restaurants. Staff is pleasant.

• Liked — Location & kitchen
  • Disliked — Full size beds are just too small..
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business