“Would never expect this in Evansville”

Le Merigot at Tropicana
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed March 16, 2013

First rate hotel. Large well furnished rooms. Huge shower in the bathroom with four shower heads was a dream. Comfortable bed, wide screen TV, second TV in bathroom, nice robe, etc. Very nice fitness room with multi position weight machine and many aerobic choices. Hostess for breakfast extremely friendly and remembers you if you are there multiple days. Only downside was the coverage of the free wireless could have been better, zero to two bars on my iPad in my room on fourth floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent comments about LeMerigot at Casino Aztar. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. We are very fortunately to have Karin as our Breakfast Attendant and she will be pleased to know that guests appreciate her efforts. I will be discussing the signal strength of our wireless internet with our IT department in the hopes that other guests do not experience this. We truly appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Le Merigot at Tropicana

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great showers! Great Robes! Great coffee setup. Great bedding! TV in large bathroom. Decent continental breakfast, with very attentive staff, You Can walk to Riverside Park, Casino Aztar (featuring Corkys BBQ and Max & Ermas), historic downtown, Ri Ras & more. Clean and friendly

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JenLO62918

Thank you for reviewing LeMerigot at Casino Aztar. We truly appreciate your time in letting us know how we are doing. I will gladly share your experience with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We just checked into our room and had to photograph it before we unpacked it is so lovely. The bathroom, bathrobe, slippers, toiletries and towels are luxurious and high end. We love to exercise so we just spent almost 2 hours in the gym and loved the equipment. While there are no free weights, the machines are brand new and work perfectly. It's a Saturday and it is very quiet here. We stayed at The Aztar Hotel last night and really didn't like it, so they moved us here. thanks to our great casino host, most appreciated. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank ItsmemollyK
David S, Manager at Le Merigot at Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of LeMerigot at Casino Aztar. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. I will definately share your experience with our team and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just spent a night, due to business, at this hotel which is attached by a covered crosswalk to the Casino Aztar in Evansville. The décor is contemporary and well done. The guest room and it's bath were very classy. Loved the shower. Great bedding. Wonderful staff. We really enjoyed the breakfast which was included in the rate. It was buffet style, but with nice china and silverware. The hotel also provided shuttle service that took us to a restaurant in the downtown area. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank JanIndy
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel option on the river in downtown Evansville (it is the high end hotel option for the Casino Aztar). The beds are very comfortable with multiple pillow options and fluffy duvets. Rooms have a modern decor with frosted glass panels that divide the bedroom and bath areas - these look very nice, but at night the light from the bathroom glares into the sleeping space and could bother light sleepers. The rooms are spacious and have flat screen TV's in the sleeping and bathroom areas and a bathrobe and slippers are offered. The bathroom is unique with separate areas for shower, sink and toilet. The shower was AMAZING (rainshower, 2 body sprays and one shower head) and I must admit I felt a little guilty using so much water to shower, but what a great experience! The non-smoking rooms have a $250 surcharge if smoke is detected in the rooms, so guaranteed to be smoke free and smoking rooms are also available. There is no fridge or microwave in the room. Upper level rooms have a view of the Ohio River.

There is a better than average continnental breakfast served in Blush, the bar (at night) located just off the lobby. There is no hot food other than oatmeal, but it wasn't missed as there was a wide assortment of fresh fruit and berries, cereals (the granola is very good), pastries, hard boiled eggs, english muffins, bagels etc. (be sure to get a ticket at check-in).

Self-parking or valet parking is available.
We were there for a family weddding, but I would not hesitate to stay again!

Room Tip: I would ask to be away from the elevator and other common rooms (housekeeping, fitness center etc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Very nice hotel. Beds are comfortable. Showers are amazing (rainshower head, plus body jets). Staff was very friendly and courteous. You can stay here for only a little more than Casino Aztar Hotel. And is well worth it. No fridge or microwave in room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of hotel have better views. Top floor is smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I Stayed at this hotel on oct 24th 2012. The best part of my stay was, the bathroom shower, great!. Now for the rest, Drive up to valet, Had to pay $5.00 to park, NEVER had to do that any were, that I have stayed, even in las vegas! The food was poor, It does not, matter have many food places you have to eat, It matters about service. There is only one restaurant they have, its there steak house, I forgot the name, Big bucks and its worth it. At the time of my stay, they were under construction. The room was unreal. As In the table and chairs in need of repair. The beds were unreal. As I said before, the bathroom was the best. The gaming was fantastic, even thou I lost, it was still good, My overall stay will not to be repeated .Oh I all most forgot, when I went to check out at 6:15am the front desk person, was like the living dead. went to get my car from valet and inseams that , this person has TWO jobs at 6:15 in the morning, that is - he works driving the shuttle van and valet, I went back to the front desk and said, where is the the valet at, the front desk person said, he,ll be back soon. I waited for 15 mins. And this is a up scale Hotel. UP SCALE FROM WHAT ??

Room Tip: '' stay somewhere else ''
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo