“Many, Many brews on draft”

Gerst Bavarian Haus
Ranked #7 of 407 Restaurants in Evansville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Many, Many brews on draft”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nothing beats having a fish bowl of your favorite brew at the Gerst Haus. We even got to sit outside on a warm summer night recently. This is my favorite place in Evansville. :)

Henderson, Kentucky
“The best birthday dinner ever!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My son asked me if I would like German food for a birthday treat, and me being an Italian food freak was a little hesitant. But since it was his treat I said why not. Let me tell you I was not disappointed! I along with my son and daughter-in-law each ordered a German classic combo dinner. Mine consisted of bratwurst,beef stroganoff, and goulash w/spaetzle. My two sides also included, were cold German potato salad and the cucumbers & onions. Every thing was outstanding especially the beef stroganoff! I have had this all over the world,EVEN Germany and have been known to make some pretty good stroganoff myself, but this has got to be the BEST I have ever tasted in my lifetime! Maybe it was the creamy wine gravy, I don't know, it was just AWESOME! The cucumbers & onions were a little disappointing though. I had ordered them with vinegar & oil and was told they were already made in a sour cream base. They were kind of bland but cold and edible.Next time I'll go with my second choice, sauerkraut! Overall, I had the BEST birthday ever. The servers even came to our table and ASKED if they could announce to the rest of the patrons that it was my birthday, Why not!

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States
“Not a family environment”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been going to this establishment for years. My husband has been going since he was young. We have all our family get togethers here and have always enjoyed the food. This means we go at least once a month. My children (1 and 4) do not like German food or the kids options they have, so we always bring them food. On our last outing we were told we could not bring food for our children. While we have been doing it for years, this is the first we have heard of this law (although I could not find it). Unfortunately that means we can not eat here anymore. We will no longer be holding our family gatherings here as well.

2 Thank Angie R
Evansville, Indiana
“Get in touch with the German culture of Evansville”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A good place to touch base with the old German culture of Evansville. Fun atmosphere...good outdoor seating if you don't mind smokers, cozy indoor booths for intimacy or groups. Good variety of beers and German foods. Not too pricey.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sailorbaba
Amarillo, Texas
“Enjoyable food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

..We've eaten here with family several times. The prices are good and the atmosphere is good for families and relaxed gatherings. I love the red cabbage (rotkohl). The wienerschnitzel was okay, though not crispy. In general, acceptable food and comfortable gathering place.

Visited July 2013

Been to Gerst Bavarian Haus? Share your experiences!