“nothing special,but good”

Hilltop Inn
Ranked #62 of 405 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Evansville, Indiana
“nothing special,but good”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Good tavern food, great fishbowls, average salad bar for lunch and dinner; good option fora quick dinner out after Mass on Saturday night

IL
“Been There Once”
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We had heard about this place and it took two different times to Evansville to find it. It's an old building that is rather dark. I can't really remember what we ordered for lunch, but we haven't been back so I guess we didn't think it was anything special.

Evansville, Indiana
“Are you kidding me!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I have been a long time customer at The Hill Top Inn and I just have to say they need HELP! Fix your menu people! Why is everything separate? Why is it when I order the chicken finger dinner, I get a MASSIVE helping of chicken and 1/4 cup of potatoes and 1/4 cup of gravy?? I mean WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD!! I hate to say it but I give up on Hilltop.
RE-DO THE MENU!!

Wiesbaden, Germany
“Been Coming Here for Years.... Always Good”
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Don't miss out on the German Fries (fried potatoes and onions) and the Steak Sandwich with Onions and Peppers....mmmmm Good place to eat.

Indiana
“The best tavern fried chicken around!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This place is famous for their brain sandwiches, but that isn't really our thing. However, if their brain sandwich is half as good as their chicken, I would actually consider trying it. Maybe next time. I had the fried chicken and it was amazing!! It was fresh, hot, and fried perfectly. My husband had the fried fish platter and he was just as pleased as I was. He's a pretty finicky eater, especially when it comes to fish. He was being so quite while we were eating that I thought something was wrong, come to find out, it was so good he wasn't going to stop eatting long enough to talk. There is plenty of seating in this quaint restaurant/tavern, but we opted to sit outside since it was such a nice evening. We really enjoyed the atmosphere and our server was the sweetest young man. Our entire experience was great and we will definately put this on our list of places to stop when we are in southwestern Indiana.

2 Thank katiedidd