“Good local spot!”

Deerhead Pizza Tavern
Ranked #27 of 420 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Deerhead never disappoints. The pizza is so good, and the Greek salad is fantastic. Such an eclectic Evansville spot.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was looking forward to eating at the Deerhead from all of the great reviews I had read. Today I ate lunch here with my family. The waitress was wonderful and very friendly. She made sure we always had everything we needed and our drinks were full. I ordered the thin crust pizza with sausage and pepperoni and my husband ordered the Reuben and we split an order of fried mushrooms. My other family members ordered the double decker pizza supreme. The food came to our table in a decent amount of time. The fried mushrooms were just your typical fried mushroom. When the pizza arrived it looked really good. When I picked up my pizza slice i noticed the bottom crust was a bit on the greasy side. I was really disappointed when I took a bite of it. I think I don't like the sauce that they put on it. I really wanted to like the pizza but I just didn't enjoy it at all. My other family members were not crazy about the pizza either. My husband didn't care for the pizza and he said his sandwich was ok. I wish I could say it was one of the best pizzas I ever had but it was probably one of the worst. Nice staff but the pizza shouldn't be their signature dish.

1  Thank tamann14
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Deerhead is one of the must try taverns in Evansville, IN. My favorite meal is the Double Decker pizza. Its actually two pizzas stacked on top of each other to create a thick, full of flavor slice with plenty of toppings. I say check the place out its got great atmosphere, good beer on tap (Fat Tire), and some great live music almost every day of the week.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Deerhead is by far my favorite Pizza Place in the city of Evansville. We used to go here once a week for lunch until i changed jobs. Now I don't get to eat there as often as I would like. They have a thin crust pizza and a double decker pizza both or excellent. They also have some of the best fried mushrooms in town.

If you go here on the weekends you will hear some of the best Jazz music in the city. All this coupled with a friendly staff and decent prices you can't beat it.

So now that you have read my review get out there and get you some pizza.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

me and my boyfriend troy went there a month or so back and we really loved it alot its a great place to get pizza i always want to go there but money its there like it used to be but we will be back soon as we can deerhead dont stop making awesome kick butt pizzas please