“Great food”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Mattawan, Michigan
“Great food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The lasagna and chicken fettuchine were excellent as were the yeasty rolls. We were there for a wedding rehearsal dinner in the lower level and the staff was very attentive. They have an excellent wine selection and desserts (chocolate pie and canollis) were very tasty. I am not a big fan of Italian, but this was better than average and I enjoyed my meal.

Visited November 2012

Evansville, Indiana
“Frightening Friday evening meal”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My sister, niece and myself went to Angelo's after a evening of visiting the haunted houses in downtown Evansville. We ordered house salad for all of us. They brought out a small bowl of salad and 3 plates and some rolls. They charged us $ 15.00 for the salad. Our pizza we ordered was ok. We had to send waiters that were servicing other tables to find our waitress for drink refills on two occassions. .Our waitress was not very pleasant either. I had not visited Angelo's in a number of years. I was surprised by the poor service, prices and the poor visual appeal. There was paint peeling off the wall in the area they seated us in. I won't be back.

• Visited October 2012
Locust Grove, Georgia
“Awesome Italian”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We ate here with our son for lunch. The restaurant is in downtown Evansville. I expected a fancy Italian restaurant, but it wasn't fancy at all. This isn't a bad thing. My husband and I shared a large stromboli, and I also had a salad, which was purchased cafeteria style. Soooo good! The sauce really complimented the stromboli. Dinner service is more upscale than lunch. Don't go for the atmosphere, but go for the food. We will definitely be back!

Visited October 2012
Evansville, Indiana
“Our go-to downtown”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We've gone to Angelo's for years. The garlic pesto rolls are the main reason I go. They have great lunch specials at good prices. It's the only place I will get eggplant parmesan, because it is not bitter. I don't think I've ever gotten anything I didn't like, and they have large servings so we always take some home. There aren't many times of the year that it's nice enough to sit outside, but when it is, they have great sidewalk seating. The service usually is good, but every now and then we get someone that does not match the quality of the rest of the experience. That's the only reason they didn't get a 5.

• Visited August 2012
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place is great. It is small and can be a very romantic little place

Visited September 2011