“Always good for special occassions”
Review of The Log Inn

The Log Inn
Ranked #3 of 423 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We like to visit the Log Inn for special occasions. Our family is spread out all over southern Indiana and we like to meet at the Log Inn for birthdays, graduations, anniversaries, and special family get-togethers. It's nice to have the "home cookin" without having to cook at home. With the varied menu, there's always something for everyone, and the family-style service is great for our large family. We have gone to dinner here for years and always look forward to going back. BTW: The 'Lincoln' room is my favorite room to dine.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went to the Log Inn on a Saturday night with a large group of people. We had a reservation but still had to wait over an hour and a half.

The food is served homestyle which is fine, but is isn't really homecooked. The rolls were premade (still good when heated up, but not cooked from scratch). The mashed potatoes were instant and the veggies were...idk, canned.

So that leaves the meat. The fried chicken wasn't so great. As a matter of fact I would have rather had KFC or any local supermarket deli chicken.

I could cook a better meal myself and not have the wait or the drive. Won't return due to few items on menu actually being "home-made". Even the pies had the awful Pet Ritz frozen pie crusts on them. Gross.

1  Thank Deb M
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I like to go here for the Fried Chicken which is probably what they are best known for, but it is always busy and crowded which is my only real dislike. The seating and the service make you feel rushed to eat and get out. Not a place to go for a relaxing meal. But the food is good.

1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed near Evansville for one nite, and 4/4 people told us to eat here! If you are ready for some great family-style "down-home" cooking, this is the place. Not fancy or romantic, but the most friendly staff possible - by the time we left, they were our newest friends. Had both fried and grilled chicken, succulent and delicious, as were the fried mushrooms, onion rings, fried cauliflower, mashed and German potatoes. Too full for desert there, but took home a slice of caramel apple pie - great, too! Won't go by I - 64 again without dining here!

1  Thank David C
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere of The Log Inn is great. It has a lot of history and is beautiful. The food my party got was served family style with a choice of meat/fish by each individual. The food never went empty as served quickly. The chicken is the best around! If you want good chicken The Log Inn is the place to go! I'm looking forward to my next trip!

Been to The Log Inn? Share your experiences!