“Good stay, would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Evansville East

Courtyard Evansville East
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
“Good stay, would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed last week while traveling for business. Lobby was clean & updated. Decent stay, on par with other Courtyards. The staff at the Bistro was super friendly. Hotel is easy to get to off the highway & near a good amount of restaurants.

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel overlooks a little pond.
Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank KOtravelgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Would have been a 5 if it had a hot tub. Thought all of these did? Very friendly staff, beds were very comfortable, nice flat screen. Nice "view" for the area.

Cracker Barrel walking distance as well as a couple of other restaurants.

Walking path around the lake is a nice thing to have and leads to the other hotels and Cracker Barrel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mdenson
Dillsboro, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I booked 15 rooms at this hotel for our girls U17 soccer team as we were playing in a soccer tournament in Evansville March 15th & 16th. The hotel was EXTREMELY clean and decorated very nice. The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in at a hotel. The staff was very curtious and went above and beyond any expectation that we had. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and will definately stay here again if we ever return to the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tommy S, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Lisa,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We appreciate the comments and will celebrate them with the entire staff. We enjoyed having your team stay with us and wish you the best in your upcoming season. Hope to see you back in Evansville!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our company has brought us back here for another sales meeting. I can't tell you how happy I am with this hotel over the one they used to put us in. The staff here is so nice and friendly. They always greet us and ask if we need anything. One of the best I have ever experienced.

The hotel, even though it is new, is spotlessly clean. You can tell the housekeepers take a lot of pride in what they do. The folks at the restaurant did an awesome job of handling our needs, even when about 50 of us showed up for breakfast at about the same time. They just smiled and took care of business.

The hotel itself is beautiful. Great rooms, cool lobby, huge TV. Weather has been great for the first couple nights we are here so we have been hanging out in the courtyard in the back around the fire pit. May be my favorite hotel I have been to in the past several years.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tommy S, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Bryan,

Glad to have you back with us and thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your comments. It makes it all worthwhile to know our guests are happy.

Best Wishes,
Washington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We like to have a get-away weekend in Evansville several times a year, so we have stayed in many different motels. This was our first stay, but we were impressed from the time we walked in the door with its décor and amenities, such as a mini "store" where alcoholic beverages are even available along with food to prepare in the provided microwave. There were numerous cozy gathering areas and several "tech" units available. I love a new motel, because you know the beds are great--and they were! The glass shower was awesome too. The room had everything you need (fridge, micro, coffeemaker, iron, etc.) and very clean. The Bistro food court had about anything you'd want and generous hours, but it is a separate charge. It would be nice, though, to have some kind of credit or food allowed with your room, for the price you pay. The fitness room looked like it had a good selection, but we didn't use it. The staff was very cheerful from placing the reservation on the phone to check-in and check-out. In fact, we encountered a problem with our reservation because I had mistakenly given the day before as our arrival, but management was very understanding and took care of it. He returned my call promptly, which impressed me. We loved the location being tucked back in where it's quiet with a pond out front. We plan to return to this property more frequently!

Room Tip: We were on the back and by the ice machine. I would ask to be on the front to have a view of the wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JLR,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we appreciate your positive review. We will celebrate your feedback with the team, and we are looking forward to your next getaway to Evansville.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am part of a team that travels +/- 35 weeks out of the year. Needless to say, that gives us an ample opportunity to see the strengths and weaknesses in hotels. In the 10 weeks we stayed at this property (off-and-on), we were extremely pleased with the service we received. Perhaps even more, were loved the fact that the staff was not a stand-off crew that simply exchanged "good mornings" or "good evenings". On many occasions, they would stop what they were doing to have casual conversation. While there were easily a dozen or more people who provided top-notch service, but my failing memory allows me to remember only three names. Kayle and Meredith at the front desk have smiles and personalities that that could melt away even Evansville winter weather. Amanda at The Bistro could not have started my day off any better. She made sure every detail of breakfast was great, and did it all with a very familiar, comfortable style.
Tommy (the GM) repeated to us several times that they focus on what they can control. They want the hotel to be clean and friendly. And they hit the bullseye on both!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tommy S, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Warrior,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff during your stay. The team works hard to provide the best possible experience for our guests, and I am glad that we had to opportunity to serve you and your team. It was truly our pleasure, and we hope we get the chance to host you again if your travels bring you back to Evansville.

North Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was staying here on business and part of the deal worked out with the hotel was prepaid breakfasts. They gave me a card that listed the number of breakfasts I had received (one for each night I stayed at the hotel).

Somehow, I was still charged for the first breakfast even though I was told it would be free with the card. I was not charged for the other breakfasts I had during my stay.

When I checked-out I saw the charge and told the clerk that it was not correct. She said she took it off my bill and printed out a new receipt for me that did not show it. I thought that was the end of it, but later I received an emailed bill in which the charge was still present.

I'm not sure if it was put in incorrectly by the cashier, or if I was charged for another guests meal, but it is really unacceptable to fraudulently charge people for services.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dashiell L
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Dashiell L,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback with this review. I apologize for the confusion over your breakfast bill. The charge was indeed removed when you brought it to our attention, however the entire transaction (the charge and the subsequent credit) still appear on the bill. I am so sorry that this occured to you during your say. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Evansville and we hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.