“Very pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Evansville
chicago illinois
“Very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I found myself in Evansville for business. This hotel is new and in a good location. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a walking/running trail across the street. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean. I was actually quite surprised by the comfort of the bed and pillows as well as the glass shower doors in the bathroom. Everything is fairly standard issue Courtyard - a nice pool, small workout room with primarily cardio equipment (some free weights) and the new breakfast model which is order and wait for it to be served - it's no longer free or a serve yourself. That's the one annoyance- being used to concierge privileges at full service Marriotts. Nonetheless, I was impressed with this place. They may be basking in the glow of a new hotel, but they also seem to do everything right. If I find myself back here again, I would stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Greeley, colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Keep looking if you want great service and a firm bed. During my stay I found a dirty wash cloth in the tub, had to call more than once to get enough towels, and paid $$ for breakfast that took 50 minutes to arrive. My kids enjoyed the pool and location is nice - just off the interstate. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank worldtraveler795
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stay in Evansville often on business. This is a new hotel, modern with a fun decor. Two outside seating areas and a comfortable home-like lounge off the lobby. Hotel staff is service oriented, friendly. Price ($140) is higher than going rate for area. Another reviewer commented on this -- though you can expect a bump in rates for special events. As a bonus, there's a nice walking trail around a lake across the street. Exercise room is minimally equipped.

Room Tip: choose west side rooms away from elevator.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stay in Evansville at least a couple of nights per month and have always stated at a competing hotel in the Hilton family until now when that hotel was full. I booked this one and will be staying there from now on when in Evansville! The property is new, very clean and professionally staffed. Amenities were the best and the room layout was exceptional.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite because that was all they had at the time. Would highly recommend it.
Sebring, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a room here for the Frog Follies car show. It's a relatively new motel and is very nice. The rooms are large, the bed was comfortable and the shower was big enough for a party. Our only complaint was the price. We paid $154 per night plus tax, while our friends stayed at various motels nearby and paid an average of $79 per night, including breakfast. To add insult to injury, the Courtyard charged for its breakfast and the prices there were also way too high, so we went to the Cracker Barrel around the corner. It's a shame the Marriott folks felt a need to gouge Frog Folly attendees, so we'll go elsewhere next year.

Room Tip: Ours was on the north side away from the elevators and vending area. It was nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Motherroad,

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Courtyard during Frog Follies and for taking the time to share your feedback. We have just been open a few moths and are very proud of the property and the level of service we provide to our customers.

Pricing is always a touchy subject. We set our pricing based on the supply and demand of the area for comparable hotels. There will always be hotels that charge less than us and others that charge more than us. It sounds like your friends got a fantastic deal for that weekend, and I am glad that you all got to enjoy the Follies. We hope that you will give us a chance again next year.

Tommy Smith
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We happened to find this hotel by accident. My son needed to check into USI/Evansville Indiana at the same time that the Frog Follies were scheduled. All of the hotels close to campus were full. Thankfully, I found this Courtyard and I am so happy!. A beautiful outdoor seating/lounge overlooking a pond with duck and geese, set back from the main road and away from the business of the campuses. The rooms are comfy, clean, spacious and the windows open for fresh air.. I can let myself in and out, any time of the night or day, and sit outside, in the front or back, to enjoy the silence to think, pray, or meditate There is a Starbucks and it was wonderful to eat breakfast outside.The pond has a walking trail around it that is almost a mileand is flat and ,except for dodging the usual geege piles, was a great way to get some exercise-however there is also a pool and exercise room. Of course the main floor is handicap accessible. My only recommendation was that the rooms might need a recliner instead of a staight back chair. all the lines in my room rooms appear to be staight back and "road warriors" sometimes need the comfort of a reclinging rock with soft lines!

Room Tip: front rooms are east facing. the curtains are sun-blockers but you still have theheat from the sun...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I travel to Evansville on a regular basis. I very happy to see a Courtyard being built on the side of town I work in. Now that it's open I have not been disappointed.

The staff is always friendly, smiling and helpful. I love the new lobby and the convenience of the Bistro. The management company has done a great job here.

The location is great. Across from a little lake with a walking path. Downside are the geese, but what are you going to do? Fortunately they hang out on the opposite side by the Cracker Barrel.

In summary, no reason to stay anywhere else when you come to Evansville!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake have a very nice view in the evening.
    • 5 of 5 stars
uofl91, General Manager at Courtyard Evansville East, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Bud,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad you have enjoyed your stays with us and we appreciate your glowing review. We look forward to hosting you again in the future, and we will try to keep the geese away from you when you come back. :-)

Thanks, again,