“Worst Experience Ever!”

Tropicana Evansville Casino
Ranked #31 of 42 things to do in Evansville
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been traveling up to Evanville for the last several months. I usually go to the casino each time im there and play blackjack for a couple of hours at at a time. The last trip up I took a god frend of mine with me that likes to play as well. He had a comp room from the casino host and the hotel was sold out. Since we needed two rooms we decided to get rooms down the street. As we were playing cards we asked one of the casino hots in the pitt to call and let them know we would not need the room and if we could just get a dinner for two in the restaurant. He slamed the phone down and said "absolutely not!!" "Oh and that room was given to you out of the kindness of the casion hosts heart" Needless to say we finished up and left. I would advise you to seek other options for a casino if you think of going. THis place is the worst example of casion or hotel I have ever seen. You also will end up smelling like an ashtray when you leave. The only people they care about are the ones that they can eyeball that have lots of black chips ( 100 each ) Phone calls are made, people are called over to observe them play and I cant get a comp dinner and the rudest casino host ever.

2  Thank Bobby S
in 6 reviews
in 11 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Last Thursday my husband, 2 sisters and I went to Casino Aztar in Evansville Ind. It is about a 2 hour drive from Louisville, Ky and it makes a nice day trip.

After we all got playing cards we were on our way to the casino. I was there back in 2007 and it was longer for the others, my husband didnt accompany me on that trip but for some strange reason they said he was there in 2007 but he wasnt. I had went with a group, Anyway, we enered on the 2nd floor and I played some machines on that floor and I was pretty lucky.

They had gone to the 3rd floor and it was really smoky I played a while on that floor then went down to the 1st floor where it is non smoking but I didnt have any luck down there. So back I went to the 2nd floor. They have a variety of slots of all denominations. My younger sister is not a true gambler., she is content on playing penny machines and was doing well,

My other sister was up and down but we all went in mind to have fun.Which we did.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Everything is geared for older people. They must have 80 year olds booking the bands?? They must not want people under 60?? If you want to enjoy yourself and ur under 60 then go to Harrahs in Metropolis,IL. Its only 2 hours away. The odds are better anyway.

2  Thank Scott W
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have been players for years and decided to play our play money a one casino. We had been playing at Harrah's Metropolis and Players casino prior to that.

Once Harrah's took it over it went down hill so we made the move to Aztar. We were going almost every weekend for over a year. So we became regulars on the weekends.

We play several hundrend a weekend on slots and to make a long story short they are all about taking from the ones they know that keep coming so we turned it off there.

We thought Harrah's had tight slots but this casino is sneaking about the way they go after you. As a gambler we know the house is going to win most of the time but, this place takes it to a new level.

If your a good looking woman though and wear the right clothing you can have luck there. GET IT.

If you like feeding machines and getting very little play money in the process this is the place for you then.

We handed our players cards to them a few weeks ago and said our GOODBYES.... They take their COMPS and STICK EM.

6  Thank Joe G
See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2010

First let me start by saying, I have been to many, many casinos. I work on the river and travel alot, so the casino gives me something to do. This one was not good. And I didnt just have a bad experience. I have been to this casino many times throughout the years and nothing has really changed. As far as the looks, Ive seen way way better. It is very out of date for a casino. As far as that goes, it didnt really bother me. I wasnt their to touch the carpeted walls. Every time I have been to this casino I have lost. And I dont mean, played a while, had a good time, lost a little money, but had fun! I mean sit down, push a button and they take your money. Seriously. Very hard casino to win at. They might give you half of what they take to make you think your doing something, but honestly you will rarely see your current $ be above what you started with. RARELY! Most casinos give you a lil bit to play on for a little while. They make it fun for you. Silly to say, but they make it a little more fun to give away your money. I think I will definatetly not be going back to this particular casino again.

8  Thank Jeremiuh