“Best Bar-B-Q Ribs ever”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Kissimmee, Florida
“Best Bar-B-Q Ribs ever”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were in Evansville, IN last week when friends suggested dinner after Church at Bandanas. We had never heard of it. However, it was the best BBQ ribs we have ever tasted. The potato salad, slaw and baked beans were also delicious. We are now living in Central Florida and there are no decent BBQ places here. Hoping Bandanas will expand to the South soon, namely Kissimmee.

• Visited May 2013

Evansville, In
“Good food, fair price”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had lunch at Bandana's on Saturday afternoon. The restaurant was very busy, but no waiting for a table. The food was very good and the price was fair. Our service was just OK, we waited quite a while for food that should have been ready. It was serviced a the right temperature, so maybe the kitchen was just that backed up. We will certainly return.

• Visited April 2013
“Bar B Q”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has horrible parking, but the food was good not great but good. If you like your barbq sauce not cooked on the meat this is the type of place for you. They give you many choices of sauce but i just felt that their menu could have been done better. It was a decent price though

Visited December 2012
Newburgh, Indiana
“Worth the Wait!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The new location in Evansville of this St. Louis-based franchise is a bit off the beaten path, but even with the line-up of customers almost out the door on a recent Saturday night (March 16, 2013) it was well worth waiting for. The choices - from racks of ribs, to pulled pork, to BBQ chicken and beef - were all amazing. Having 6 kinds of BBQ sauce at the table also made personalizing the flavor of your selection easy and delectable. And the butter-soaked toasted fresh bread was almost as good as the main course! Even though there was a crowd at the entrance, the wait was less than 20 minutes. It took our server a bit of time for our food, but the taste was to die for. And the menu has every item's calorie count listed, so dieter's can make wise decisions....not that too many people seemed to be interested!!

• Visited March 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Great BBQ, great sides, reasonable prices!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I found this restaurant through reviews on tripadvisor, and was comparing it to two other local stomps. My hosts had never heard of Bandana's but knew it's predacessor in the same location: Firefly. We gave it a shot and were thrilled! We opted for the platter for two so that we could sample the pork, ribs, brisket, and chicken. It was fantastic! Tender juicy meat, and the sauces on the table made it easy for everyone at the table to find their favourite and still pick off of others' plates. They also have a sixth sauce that is spicier that you have to ask for. The fried okra was a great appetizer and the baked beans a fantastic side. I was so enthralled with the food that I lost my mind and left my cell phone there. I called later and they had it for me, and the silver lining is that this gave me the chance to order off their lunch menu the next day! The turkey sandwich was heavenly, and I am partial to the sweet and smokey sauce with it. Again I opted for the beans as my side. OHHH and don't forget to leave an inch of room for the fried donut holes!!! They are like mini beignets! (So don't fill up on the garlic bread). I would seek this place out again and go out of my way to get to it. Fantastic!! (if you like chick peas, try the hot boiled peanuts - you can ask for a taster - otherwise, steer clear).

• Visited March 2013