“Another West Side success!”

Smitty's Italian Steakhouse
Ranked #55 of 413 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place has been transformed into a winning combination of good food and atmosphere. We've had the Italian and steak options 6 or 7 times over the past year, and really enjoyed everything. The ambiance is nice! Thrilled to have this on Franklin St.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stopped in on a Wednesday night on our way home from a funeral visitation. We were so pleasantly surprised when we walked in at how nice the building was inside. I believe they said it had been an old furniture store built in 1893. Loved the ambiance of the old time restaurant with outside seating on the front sidewalk, restaurant and bar on the west side of the building plus a spacious room for private parties. Even the chairs and booths were vintage. Someone really put a lot of work into this. We ordered a cheeseburger and a patty melt, each $8. The hamburgers were HUGE and came with a large amount of fries. The hamburgers tasted great but the fries were on the greasy side. There was a good variety on the menu from hot sandwiches, steaks, pasta, seafood, salads, soups, etc. We want to go back and try an Italian dish. I thought the prices were probably about right if the other dishes had servings as generous as our hamburgers. The pasta dishes ran from $12 - $15, steaks $14 - $18, Italian chicken dishes $15 - $18. I took some pictures, be sure to check them out.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was in town for business and a local co-worker recommened we check it out. I am not used to hearing italian and steakhouse put together but it works. He had a strip steak and while it was slightly overcooked he did like the taste. I had veal marsala with fettuccine alfredo on the side and both were great. Very nice flavor with the perfect sauce to complement each. The wine was a big pour for a low price and great value. The chianti I had was tremendous. While this place may be slightly more expensive than other local hang outs the food quality and prepartation deserves high praise. Service was quick and competent and the ambiance reminded me of a old time high end saloon. If you have not been here you are missing out on some good food.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Smitty's for the second time. Previously, we both ordered steak and enjoyed every bite. This time my wife had the spaghetti and meatballs and I had the lasagna. Both were not up to par. The lasagna was basically a plate of baked cheese with a small amount of lasagna noodles and meat. The meatballs my wife had with her spaghetti were overdone and seemed to have been made a few days ago. We did voice a concern and were give a $10.00 gift certificate for another visit. Next time, we will stick to steak and avoid the lasagna and spaghetti.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Heard friends talking about Smitty's but had no idea what to expect. Felt like we stepped into a big city restaurant. The way it's arranged and decorated reminded us of Carmine's in the Theater District in NYC. Would be a great place to take guests from out of town. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food (more than generous helpings) and enjoyed our ambitious and energetic server, funny blonde with a new tatoo.