“Nothing special”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stopped in after a few nights of eating hotel food on a work trip. Wait staff was very good, the place is clean, but I expected more from the food. Food was OK but I expected better for the cost.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

So, I've always been a fan of O'Charley's and haven't really found a location that I didn't enjoy, except maybe down in Clarksville, TN. But both Evansville locations rock, specifically this one (West Side - I know the address is East, but I can't find a link to the West side location, maybe they're both managed the same?), and here's why:

Veteran's day 2012, my mom and grandpa and I (All three of us are Army veterans) went out for our Veteran's day meal, and chose O'Charley's. We were immediately thanked for our service, given "I served" stickers, and given a special menu to order our complimentary meals from. Service was quick, food was great, and drinks were strong. All this with a packed restaurant, not a single complaint. The manager came out after our meal and comped our desert and thanked us all for our service, handing us $10 off our next visit cards. I was so pleased with my experience here. Us veterans don't EXPECT handouts or anything like that, but it was unbelievably comforting and nice to see someone go so far out of his way on a day that he doesn't necessarily have to. Thanks!!!!!

1  Thank sixstringsent
Reviewed November 14, 2012

All the food is excellent, A manager consistently checks on patrons and immediately handles anything... even if it's a drink refill. This is a place that cares what it's customers think and strives to please them. Sit in the bar; service great and it's quiet.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

O'Charley's was one of the original East Side restaurants when all of the new development started in the Crosspoint area. We used to frequent it and it has outlasted several of it's neighbors. We went to our old standby a couple of weeks ago in the middle of the week for dinner. I really haven't been so horribly disappointed in a long time. Go to Outback or Texas Roadhouse, they have good service and care about the food they serve. O'Charley's has lost it. Hostess and Server were rude, food was not satisfying. We asked to speak to the manager, they couldn't find the manager.... etc. Last time. No more standby...

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This restaurant is within walking distance from the hotel we stayed at, Drury Inn & Suites East. Nice area, the food and staff were great. It was during the week so we didn't have to wait for seating. No complaints. Service and food were everything we hoped for. It's near shopping areas.