“Gotta go here”
Review of Willard Library

Willard Library
Ranked #6 of 42 things to do in Evansville
Reviewed May 28, 2014

A step back in time into an elegant building with beautifully handcarved wooden staircase, indicative of the town's woodworking and wood-orientation of the past, and a great genealogical resource for the area.

1  Thank nancyye
in 3 reviews
"card"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have been doing online research of my ancestors and needed information regarding the more recent, locally focused ancestors. I recalled my Mother telling me of her visits to Willard Library -- so I scheduled a visit there when I and my cousin had free time.

I found a lot of what I was looking for, though a trip to court house records in other counties is next.

Not only does the library have a lot of materials in book form but also in other forms for the researcher to access.

The library is handicapped accessible -- park on the North side of the building, use the down ramp, and inside is an elevator to access the upper floors!

This is a beautiful, historic building that lends the atmosphere of times gone by that seems so appropriate when researching local history of family members who lived in the Southwest Indiana area during the time the library was built!

Love working on my geneology in this library -- and the staff were very helpful!

Here is a wonderful site to learn more about this library, the expansion project, the online services, etc.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Awesome old library, wonderful grounds for a picnic in the spring. I met my wife there!!!
They have a well known ghost, the grey lady. They have a ghost came you can access to watch for her any time.
Check this place out.

1  Thank Charles M
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The building is fantastic. The history of the building and family are interesting, the years of ghost stories, the delightful staff, it is an amazing experiences.