“Good food but very overpriced”
Review of Eclipse Bistro Tapas & More - CLOSED

Eclipse Bistro Tapas & More
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Eclipse Spanish Tapas Bar & Restaurant is a unique addition to our Indiana community. We are a small, independently-owned and operated restaurant in downtown Evansville, located on Fourth Street, near The Ford Center and The Victory Theatre. Eclipse offers a warm, cozy, romantic and relaxed ambience. It reflects the Spanish romance and unique eclectic concept of dining. Enjoy a variety of tapas with our famous house sangria or a glass of wine from our selection of vineyards. Eclipse Tapas Bar & Restaurant provides downtown Evansville with a cultural experience of the cuisine and traditions from Spain. The Spanish word for tapas means "lid". The nation's obsession with these flavorsome dishes began hundreds of years ago when Andalusian innkeepers used slices of bread to cover the glasses of wine. Eventually slices of ham and cheese were added to the bread. Today, tapas has evolved from the arid landscape of southern Spain into a national obsession of endless variety. We hope you will enjoy the flavors and traditions of our heritage.
Evansville, Indiana
“Good food but very overpriced”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have been to tapas restaurants before and understand that they are supposed to be small portions but this one was very expensive for what you get. When I saw the menu prices, I got a little worried but gave them the benefit of the doubt. I wish I would have left. I felt I could get a better meal for much less expense at other nice restaurants like Bonefish Grill. The first item we ordered was a spinach/cheese empanada. It cost $10 and could be eaten in 4 bites (2.50 per bite). Every item was about the cost of a regular meal at a sit-down restaurant ($10-$20) but the portions were very small. My wife and I ended up spending $50 splitting 3 items (the waitress recommended 3 per person) plus tip and then left feeling like we just had an appetizer.

• Visited July 2013

Indiana
“Anniversary Date”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Eclipse. We had never been, but we wanted to try something different. The waitress was very helpful and the food was delicious! We got a cheese and cracker plate (4 pieces), two tapas each, one desert and one coffee. I found that the portions were not too small as other reviewers had mentioned. We even took a "to-go" box home.

Our only fault with Eclipse was that the coffee was not hot at all. :(

It was a lovely evening, so we dined outside. Eclipse is not right on Main Street, so there is not a lot of hustle and bustle. Our meal with tip came to $100. They do have a day of the week where select tapas are $5 each. (Tuesday?) We'll definitely go back for their special.

• Visited June 2013
Eclipse S, Owner at Eclipse Bistro Tapas & More, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice feedback and comments. We apologize about the coffee situation. Please visit us again and I guarantee you will have the best coffee in town, for you and your husband and a dessert on us , for the inconvenience. Please ask for me on your next visit. Thank you again for your feedback we truly , appreciate it. Sandra Soto
Evansville
“Happy Anniversary to Us”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Eclipse since they opened but always with friends. We decided to have an intimate anniversary meal and as always we were satisfied. I will say the prices ahve gone up and the portions (even for Tapas) have decreased in size but its still great food that unique to the area.

Visited May 2013
Thank you for your feedback , we are glad you had a great time. Come back and visit us again!
Ogden, Utah
“Best Valentine's Date Yet!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had been wanting to try Eclipse for about a year now, but after looking on TripAdvisor and seeing that they were pretty pricey, my boyfriend and I didn't take the plunge until Valentine's 2013. I'm SO glad we decided to finally try it out though, because it will definitely be our "special occasions" spot for years to come!

I studied abroad in Spain in 2010 so you could say I was expecting a lot out of this place. I must admit that Eclipse far surpassed my expectations! The food was DELICIOUS, the atmosphere was spot-on, and all of the servers/staff were very friendly and helpful. For reference we ordered the Pure de Garbanzo, Patatas Bravas, and Pollo Espana for our tapas, churros con chocolate for dessert, I had a glass of red sangria and he had a Bohemia beer and our bill after tip was just about $70. **P.S. I would recommend any/all of what we ordered!**

Overall, I highly recommend this restaurant for those who are willing to pay a little extra for your dinner out every now and then :)

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments and your appreciation for good and quality food. Come back and visit us again!
Detroit Michigan
“Good food, decent portions, but WAY overpriced”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Tapas are designed to be small portions, shared as a group and enjoying lots of variety.

This tapas restaurant actually has pretty large portions which is better for sharing, but are WAY overpriced.

Two of us had two glasses of sangria each and two tapas each and bill was over $100.

Service was good and decor was fun for Evansville.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your feedback and nice comments. We truly appreciate it. We offer high quality ingredients and fresh products , it usually cost extra to get quality and freshness . We are glad you enjoyed your dining experience, we offer Tapas Tuesday $5.00/ Tapas, Wine Wednesday 50% bottles of wine and Sangria Thursdays 50%off Liter of Sangria. Come back and visit us again.