New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Consistently a great, fun place to eat.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KanPai

KanPai
Reserve with OpenTable
KanPai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 395 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
“Consistently a great, fun place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family likes dining here and we eat here often. Sushi is very good and they have a nice variety.
The pho soup is great and very flavorful. Small, but with a warm, inviting atmosphere. Staff is friendly and make for a relaxed environment.

• Visited May 2014

Evansville IN
“Best Sushi in TriState”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been eating here for years, sometimes weekly, and they are consistently good! They have a large variety of sushi rolls along with other menu items to please the non-sushi eaters. The kanpai salad and kanpai shrimp is a yummy way to start off your meal. I recommend a reservation if going on a Friday or Saturday evening. The place is small and can get loud, but the atmosphere is cool and they always have good music playing. On Wednesday nights, they have live music and. 8$ bottles of wine.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Surprisingly good for Evansville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place had some good (microbrew) beer choices, and was willing to make what we wanted vegetarian. Biggest downside: REALLY busy on a Friday night. Very small place. But the food and beer were good.

• Visited February 2014
Evansville, Indiana
“up to expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I found out about this place from tripadvisor. I then asked friends that had been here about it. All said it is a must go to. So I finally got around to it. Wonderful. Lots to chose from, chinese food or sushi. I wanted sushi. I also wanted hot saki, as it was cool and damp outside. I enjoyed both. I got the large saki for 9$ and could barely finish it. Still kinda woozy. I had octopus nori, 2 pieces, octopus roll, and california roll (crab, cucumber, avocado). I meet the manager, Micki, she was nice and informative. We discussed beers, of which they have several very good ones available from Carson's Brewery. Micki let me sample the Eville and Brown Cow. Eville was very hoppie, I could not taste the nutty malt I expected from the brown cow. It did have an earthy aroma. I should not have had the Eville, a wheat beer, but with the hops of a good IPA, first.
Total cost 28$ before tip. Just what I would expect to pay.

• Visited December 2013
kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to eat, talk and write”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been going to KanPai for about 2+ years. I have always had a good experience. Jason, (the owner) is personable, knowledgable and will pretty much cook what you want, if it's not on the menu. Waitstaff is very good. Avocado sushi is excellent. Cannot beat the price/value on the Bento box lunch. Great place to talk also. As a writer, I have done a considerable amount of work there. No pressure or problem to eat and "get out." I do go at "non-rush" times, and find the atmosphere conducive to writing and thinking. Way cool, without being "trendy." Highly recommended in all ways.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to KanPai? Share your experiences!