“Best Sushi in TriState”
Review of KanPai

KanPai
Reserve with OpenTable
KanPai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 405 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Evansville IN
“Best Sushi in TriState”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been eating here for years, sometimes weekly, and they are consistently good! They have a large variety of sushi rolls along with other menu items to please the non-sushi eaters. The kanpai salad and kanpai shrimp is a yummy way to start off your meal. I recommend a reservation if going on a Friday or Saturday evening. The place is small and can get loud, but the atmosphere is cool and they always have good music playing. On Wednesday nights, they have live music and. 8$ bottles of wine.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Surprisingly good for Evansville”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place had some good (microbrew) beer choices, and was willing to make what we wanted vegetarian. Biggest downside: REALLY busy on a Friday night. Very small place. But the food and beer were good.

• Visited February 2014
Evansville, Indiana
“up to expectations”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I found out about this place from tripadvisor. I then asked friends that had been here about it. All said it is a must go to. So I finally got around to it. Wonderful. Lots to chose from, chinese food or sushi. I wanted sushi. I also wanted hot saki, as it was cool and damp outside. I enjoyed both. I got the large saki for 9$ and could barely finish it. Still kinda woozy. I had octopus nori, 2 pieces, octopus roll, and california roll (crab, cucumber, avocado). I meet the manager, Micki, she was nice and informative. We discussed beers, of which they have several very good ones available from Carson's Brewery. Micki let me sample the Eville and Brown Cow. Eville was very hoppie, I could not taste the nutty malt I expected from the brown cow. It did have an earthy aroma. I should not have had the Eville, a wheat beer, but with the hops of a good IPA, first.
Total cost 28$ before tip. Just what I would expect to pay.

• Visited December 2013
kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to eat, talk and write”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been going to KanPai for about 2+ years. I have always had a good experience. Jason, (the owner) is personable, knowledgable and will pretty much cook what you want, if it's not on the menu. Waitstaff is very good. Avocado sushi is excellent. Cannot beat the price/value on the Bento box lunch. Great place to talk also. As a writer, I have done a considerable amount of work there. No pressure or problem to eat and "get out." I do go at "non-rush" times, and find the atmosphere conducive to writing and thinking. Way cool, without being "trendy." Highly recommended in all ways.

• Visited October 2013
Newburgh, Indiana
“A great experience!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

In my opinion the most authentic place to get sushi in town. Dining area is small but quaint and adds to the non-franchise atmosphere. Service was great and owner stopped by and chatted for quite awhile. Can't wait to go back!!

• Visited June 2013