“Amazing Sushi Friendly Staff”
Review of KanPai

KanPai
Reserve with OpenTable
KanPai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 408 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“Amazing Sushi Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The sushi at KanPai is amazing! The sushi chefs are very friendly and talented. Sushi is fresh and prepaired when ordered. Drink specials are great. Fried Zucchini with dipping sauce is VERY good. The side salad and general chicken is delish! I can't wait to go back. I would reccomend it to anyone!

• Visited February 2013

Chisinau, Moldova
“Very good sushi place!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is important for Sushi to be fresh. This place is a small home-like place. The service was wonderful, staff helpful. I got good recommendations for the first time visitor. The crab-rangoon were very good for an appetizer. The Sushi were fresh and full of flavor.

One of my rolls had some cilantro and I personally do not like it. I ate half of them though, but did not want to spoil my experience. When the server asked me about my experience I told her about it and she offered to just take it off my order and bring me another substitute. I was full and declined, but appreciated the kindness. In the end when I got my check she took the one I did not like off. She told me she should have been more clearer about the ingredients. I think I should have read carefully what I order, but the gesture shows me they value customers and I highly appreciate it.

I definitely recommend this place for a sushi-lover as not many places in USA in my experience know how to cook them right. These guys do.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Evghenii S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sushi is off the hook”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

kanpai is a nice littke sushi gem in evansville. ignore the racy store next door and go on in and order yourself some sushi. the sushi options are much better than the entrees (go for the SOB roll if you like spicy). they always have some type of drink special going on, the best is the $8 bottle of wine on wednesdays. hit this place up for a hip time. fair warning- the manager lady is obnoxiously loud and unintentionally rude.

Evansville, Indiana
“Favorite!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Best sushi in town. Service is excellent, friendly staff. One of my favorites for lunch or dinner or both!

Visited February 2013
“Excellent food and reasonable prices”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Came here with 3 co-workers and we were all very happy with the food and drinks. I got 2 rolls: the dragon roll that contained b-que eel and avacodo and a spicy tuna roll with cucumber; they were both excellent. We opted to share an $8 bottle of Cabernet which was not bad at all. The restaurant shares a parking lot with an exotic adult store, so after a few bottles of cheap wine, feel free to go next door. I was with co-workers so we just joked about it. Food was great and we plan to make this a regular dinner spot. Make reservations if possible, it is not very big inside. We sat at the sushi bar which was limited on space.

• Visited February 2013

Been to KanPai? Share your experiences!