“Watch the bar service for cleanliness!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Roca Bar North

Roca Bar North
Ranked #109 of 403 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Watch the bar service for cleanliness!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in to watch some NFL and tv's are great. I found an open barstool on the side of the bar next to an order station. I ordered but before my. izza was served I opted to move to a better seat at the bar. The bartender grabbed my silverware, cheese and crushed peppers and moved it by me, however he did not clean my bartop area at all. He took the previous customer's glass which there were puddles in condensation and just ignored the wet mess. He did not wipe off the bar as 7 other patrons left and others arrived. I then wondered if he ever cleaned the glasses etc. Very disgusting to watch this for 2 plud hours. Be careful I went to my hotel and the food went right through me!

• Visited September 2013

Santa Claus, Indiana
“Does not disappoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've dined at Roca Bar North multiple times in multiple venues, large and small. It does not disappoint. Well trained, pleasant and attentive servers, awesome food for family budget pricing and awesome atmosphere. My favorite is definitely the patio but the dining room experience is pleasant as well. I've tried several different entree's and they have all been great. The "boom boom" sauce is another favorite as are the panini's. If you are looking for a family friendly place with an above average experience then Roca Bar North is the place for you!

• Visited August 2013
Dublin, Georgia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Recommended by Hampton Inn staff. We had early dinner due to long drive from East coast. All food, from margerita pizza, cajun chicken pasta, and burgers were all very good. Staff was friendly. Would return if in the area again.

Visited June 2013
Topeka, KS
“Well-meaning advice, but mediocre experience.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel staff enthusiastically recommended this place, but the pizza was bottom tier, at best. It was over-baked, had a lack of toppings, and I would have been better of with an 89 cent frozen pizza from the supermarket. The turkey sandwich was pedestrian and would have been out-done by Subway. There is a high noise level. The wait person was a nice young man and provided us with good service. Otherwise, my advice is to someplace else.

• Visited June 2013
“Love the food, but they give you reason to carry out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Roca Bar North's pizza and Italian salad give diners every reason to visit. But, the atmosphere and service cause us to carry out. Like so many locally owned restaurants that ignore the details of atmosphere, Roca Bar North has joined that crowd. Sit at the bar and you get enjoy all the mechanics and logistics of dishwashing, stored supplies, and trash. Not cool. The occassions that converted us to carry out diners make us wish it was a self-serve place. The wait staff had to be asked repeatedly for items we'd normally expect - silverware, another round of drinks. In fairness, that has not always been the case, but it should never be the case. Good training and supervision could fix this in a heartbeat.

Visited March 2013