“Absolutely Dreadful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Kingston, tn
“Absolutely Dreadful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

I stayed at the Motel 6 in evansville, IN with my girlfriend. The area was somewhat sketchy, and my girlfriend was anxious from the start. The night attendant was deadbolted in a room by himself. The big sign that said, "Not reponsible for stolen items in vehicle," had all the making for a strong omen. When we got to the room it was very dirty and the stench was pervasive. The room had been spot-cleaned, as there was crumbs on the bed and dirt on the walls. Their was one towel and no wash clothes in the hotel. DON'T BRING YOUR WIFE OR CHILDREN TO THIS HOTE!!!!. I got an earfull from my girlfriend for failing to pony up and pay the additional twenty dollars; which I will now always opt to pay more in the future for a decent stay. The worst part was when I was in the bathroom and my girlfriend screamed. I came out to find a roach perched quaintly on the wall. I immediately killed it. We took a quick power nap and got the heck out of there. The thought of roaches crawling on us in our sleep was too much to bare!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dustinwellons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Steilacoom, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Was assigned a room with a strong cigarette smell (in a non-smoking room) . Asked for and got another room--again too smelly. The check in area (also non-smoking) was also too smelly. At that point I cancelled my reservation and went to a nearby Super 8 which was okay. The day before I had also bailed out of a cheap Motel 6 in Blue Springs, MO. Yes, they are cheap and don't charge extra for dogs...but just can't stay in such a smelly room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
      Cleanliness

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

What a horrible, filthy, decrepit place. There are gaps between the doors and the frame you can stick your fingers through. The carpet and walls are stained with heaven knows what. And the final indication that this was not a safe, pleasant area came when I tried to order a pizza and was told they would not deliver to that motel. I had hoped to use the laundry facilities, but didn't trust leaving my clothes unintended. The final clue was when I pulled back the curtain to find a bullet hole in the window. Unbelievable!!!

Venture here at your own risk!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank kyjavelin
Johannesburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Stayed at Motel 6 on US-41 for 5 nights. Initially booked for 3 nights but extended for another 2. For a low budget motel, the place was great, as expected from a Motel 6. Also expected is that Motel 6's are normally on busy routes. The place was clean, neat, although old. I needed a room with internet access and was promptly reassigned a room as the entire place is not WIFI enabled. It seems this is a smoking room but staff have gone out of their way to clean and sanitize the place. Faint smell of tobacco but nothing that a non smoker like me cannot live with. I took this room because of the internet facility and did not think to ask for it in my booking. So, I was actually accommodated on this point at the last minute, which is great. Lots of noise outside but to be expected with it being on a major highway. All in all, great place to stay if you are budget conscious. Staff are also very friendly here. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the motel on 8-27-2009,while we were enrolling our son into college in Evansville. It was very dirty,hadn't been swept, light bulbs were missing,light fixtures were broken and being held together with duct tape. Some of the carpet in the room was ripped away from the wall. They had only one bath towel in the bathroom.We told the housekeeper about the missing bulbs,and were told people steal them,and they never replaced them. Do not stay at the Motel 6 on Hwy.41 near Evansville. It is definately not worth the money. Oh- and by the way,the sheets had spots on them. I slept on top of the covers that night.

2 Thank freddylov
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

In March my wife and twin daughters went to Evansville to register my daughters for college. We drove down the night before and got two rooms at the Motel 6. The rate was extremely reasonable. The rooms were small but comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — The price
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank SaltyDog67
Elizabethtown, KY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2005

Stayed two nights here June, 2005....Room was small, but very clean, at least to budget motel standards.......full service cable TV, which is not the case at all Motel 6's.........restauraunts close by, decent location, as everything you would need in Evansville is within 10 minutes of this motel....will stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2005