“Fried chicken is great”

Stoll's Country Inn
Ranked #23 of 430 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed all the vegetables, and the fried chicken was fresh and moist. Buffet style. Salads are weak, but great pies. German style potato salad is very good.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We ate here during a busy car show weekend and were very pleased. We normally can't get near the place because of the number of cars in the lot, but timed it a little later & were glad we did. They have the best pork chops I've ever eaten! There were some menu items listed that were not on the buffet, but everything there was really good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Evansville.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My first trip to Stoll's. I found it to very clean, including restroom sanitation. A peek in the kitchen showed well used pots and pans but the floor and surfaces were clean. The salad bar was very good. The balance of the buffet offered multiple options included pork chops,chicken, BBQ, fish etc.The beets were very good . The dressing was very moist
And flavorful. I thought the breading on the chicken was very good..
The dessert bar had a nice selection of pies and cobblers along with soft serve ice cream. For under $10, I found the meal to be a great value. I failed to mention the dining area was very clean And used plates were picked up in a timely manner

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We were passing through Evansville with 2 adults, five kids. A friend from the area suggested this restaurant. The food was very good, but the value was mediocre and the ambiance was pretty bad. We are from Memphis and we were interested in an "Amish" meal. Well, it was pretty similar in feel to a traditional southern meal. The fried chicken was good, the catfish was very good, and the pork chops were absolutely amazing. The side dishes were very good, but not outstanding. I was expecting the apple butter to be a lot better, but it wasn't. They had some kind of peanut butter topping that I guess is Amish, but what do I know? It tasted like melted Reese's pieces. Delicious, but just tasted like candy. They had a good selection of desserts that the kids really liked, but they were really just mediocre. Probably wouldn't recommend to a friend, but weren't upset with the meal.

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

When Stolls first opened it was ok. The last several times we have been there it has been really bad. We ate there for breakfast buffet on Easter morning and biscuits were so doughy you could not eat them. Our whole family all had bad belly aches all day!!!! My father in law loves mushy food buffets so he always chooses stoll's because it is really only buffet in our area. I think we will drop him off and go to subway next time.