“Outstanding & Worthy Of It's High Rating”

Jimmy Jeng's Szechwan
Ranked #45 of 415 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Jimmy Jeng's is likely the cleanest, well-kept Chinese restaurant that I have had the pleasure of dining in. The food and service are equally excellent. The portions are large and the prices are very reasonable. Above all, this place is really a Mom & Pop operation. I had the pleasure of talking to Jimmy himself and I explained that we found his restaurant on TA. I don't think he had ever heard of TA, but commented "We just do the best we can everyday and hope everyone enjoys". Well said Jimmy - we enjoyed!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Finally had the pleasure of dining at this excellent restaurant and am kicking myself for not trying it sooner!!!
The service is top notch.The price is surprisingly low for the quality of delicious food you receive.
Jimmys is now one of my favorite places to dine!!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Let me start off by saying I have lived in Evansville for my entire life minus 6 years and this is my first experience at Jimmy's. We were distraught to see that Ma T's 888 China Bistro was closed on Christmas eve as that is our tradition on Christmas Eve, so we made a reservation on the friday before for Christmas Eve. When we arrived, they luckily had a table for us, but even though we had a 10 conversation on the phone with them, they did not write our reservation down. Before we sat down to eat, they told us they had a party coming in with reservations for that table in an hour and a half, I found this terribly rude, is that our problem? Jimmy Jeng was there, took our order, helped bring out the food, etc, from reading other reviews, I understand he is hands on, but his restaurant was packed and the waitstaff, while polite and accomodation seemed rushed and on edge. The food came out quick, I got a Beef dish, which was really good, several in our party got chicken and one got shrimp. I was the lucky one that didn't experience intestinal difficulties the next day.
I wanted to love this place, but there are a lot of chinese restaurants in town, and several that are better. I don't know if I will give it another chance, I went this long without going there....

Reviewed December 21, 2012

For the past 10 years Jimmy's has been a bi-weekly experience for me. Jimmy always serves consistently good szechwan food. I will go for lunch and dinner both, just not the same day!
The lunch menu has many preset entrées complete with choice of soup, spring rolls and crab rangoon and rice. I have found most patrons find something to suit their palette otherwise you can always order alacarte. Dinner has only 2 preset combinations (1 chicken, 1 beef) and the rest of the dishes are alacarte. My experience suggests 1 dish per person with additional soup, spring rolls or dumplings ( a house specialty) is sufficient for most peoples appetites.
The flavors you will experience at Jimmy's are not the typical dishes you find in most chinese food restaurants across North America! Many of the sauces are Jimmy's own creations. These flavors are vibrant, spicy (or not) and tangy.
The restaurant is simple, clean and capable of looking after individuals to parties of 50 or 60.
If you have not been to Jimmy's then you have not experienced the Best Szechwan Chinese Food in Evansville!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have eaten at Jimmy jeng's Szechwan numerous times over the past 6 years, and as recently at October 2012. The food and service are the best I 've had anywhere. My favorite is the green bean pancake appetizer with the Dragon Beef entree. However, my wife and I have tried several other items from the menu and the are all equally as good. When friends and family from out of town visit, they always want to go to Jimmy's.