“Great place for Chinese food!”

Jimmy Jeng's Szechwan
Ranked #36 of 420 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Had lunch here with a friend of mine since it had been so well recommended on Trip Advisor. I was very satisfied with the service and the food. The hospitality of the staff was also first class and they did everything with a smile. I would certainly recommend Jimmy Jeng's to anyone looking for an affordable and very tasty place to go for Chinese!

2  Thank CHRIS B

Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife and I always consult Trip Advisor when traveling, and it did not steer us wrong in Evansville. Don't let the fact that the restaurant is in a strip mall dissuade you. Our meal at Jimmy Jeng's will go down as the best asian meal we have ever had. We were waited on by Jimmy himself, and he made some suggestions for us. We had Szechwan Dumplings and Candy Crispy Shrimp (the best shrimp dish I have ever had) as appetizers. I had the Crazy Beef and my wife had Empress Chicken for our entrees. We were too stuffed for anything else. It was our favorite meal of our trip, and as I said, we always review ratings beforehand and eat at some of the best restaurants we can find, and in a trip that covered 7 states in 11 days, this topped them all. It makes us want to go back to Evansville again, just to eat there!

4  Thank Miles S
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We brought my nephew & his wife here a few years ago when they came to visit. It was the first time that we'd eaten here, but now it's a family favorite. Even my picky eater that hates Chinese loves Jimmy Jeng's. It's always the first place my oldest boys want to go when they are home from college. One of our favorites is the Empress Chicken. We also always get the green bean pancakes (really a tortilla shell not pancakes) which even my son that doesn't like green beans will eat! Try the dumplings too - my boys love them. Jimmy and his wife have always been there when we visit and Jimmy makes everyone feel welcome.

2  Thank BrendaP
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Great service and very good. The menu has a good selection and the food is always fresh.

2  Thank rland
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Jimmy Jeng's place is one of Evansville's best. Lots of choices and always a nice laid back atmosphere. Jimmy and his wife our often there and seating you and even waiting on you. Great dishes and very reasonably priced. Large servings and many dishes can be shared as a meal. One of our town's best places to eat.

2  Thank Bryan P