WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #28 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Millersburg, Indiana
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I didn't expect a whole lot so I wasn't disappointed however this place needs an update in the rooms. The lobby seems newer however the rooms are very dated and in need of new beds, linens, and electronics. The TV was old, the bedspreads are very dated and the mattresses were ok but they could really use new ones. When we showered, I noticed the shampoo bottle was 1/4 empty which to me says it was used before and not replaced. Everything is just very basic. It was ok for what we needed which was a place to sleep and shower.

The breakfast was not bad. They had biscuits and gravy, a waffle maker, a toaster for bagels and english muffins, cereal and milk and apple juice and orange juice and a coffee bar. There was also fruit. I had a banana which was good but the oranges appeared dried out.

All in all, for the price, it was ok. It was clean, smelled fine, and wasn't horrible. I probably won't stay there again. I have stayed in better hotels for the same price. It is, however, in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hina P, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Evansville, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Heidi D.

I apologize that you were disappointed with your stay. Not to make any excuses, but the ownership of the hotel just changed in November 2013. I fully understand and realize all the complains you have about the hotel rooms. If you visit us again in the near future, you will see that we will be making major changes to the rooms within the next few months. I hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with more comfortable experience at our hotel.

I would like to thank you for participating in surveying our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Murray, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked this room for one night for a soccer tournament. We figured we would get what we paid for and we did. When first walking in I didnt know if I was entering an interrogation room or a backroom of a strip club. There were tinted mirrors down the whole headboard wall behind the beds. Kind of creepy. Next my son found a lighter, cigarette butt and tons of ashes by the window. When we pulled the blankets back there was a silver dollar size burn hole in the blanket. The beds were super stiff. The breakfast was also not pleasing. They ran out of biscuits (had plenty of gravy), ran out of bagels, the apple juice was pure water and the orange juice tasted like 50/50. We will not be back to this location.

Room Tip: Avoid 324, definately been smoked in.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

So for those of you who stay at microtel's this facility should look pretty familiar .
It's clean, lots of mirrors on the walls and compared to the other econo lodge near the airport this location is quite nice. I stayed on points from choice hotels so I can't speak to the dollar value but at least no woman came pounding on my door at 12:30 AM.

I'd certainly stay here again , it's close to the mall, a white castle and a lowes what more could you want in a motel?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank willdriveforfood
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here based on good reviews and the affordable price. At first I was a bit dismayed with the size of the room. The room with one queen bed has about 3 feet clearance on either side of the bed and a bit more than that at the end for the desk. However, it was clean and cheap and had a free breakfast. After a 3 night stay I checked out, but decided to stay another night a few hours later. The clerk welcomed me back and even upgraded my room to a suite at no extra cost. All in all, while not having some amenities, my stay was fine and I'll be back. Oh, and the suite has an in-room coffee pot which wasn't available in the single room. A definite plus.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, get at least a 2 bed room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Belleville, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I booked this hotel based on previous good reviews and to earn choice member points. The lobby of the hotel is fairly nice for an econo lodge, but my room basically sucks. I requested the queen size single with a bay window ( which has a lovely view of the back of the port cochere and the cigarette butts on the roof). When I checked in I had to initial and acknowledge that there was no smoking in the hotel room. Very ironic since when I walked into the room, there was a pretty heavy stale cigarette smell that housekeeping had attempted to cover up with deodorant spray. Of course, maybe it's just filtering in from all the cig butts that have been thrown out the window onto the roof, lol-NOT.
The room is small, cramped and there is no dresser. The paint on the walls is dinged and dirty telling me that this hotel needs an update- come on guys! At least a fresh coat of paint. No lamps at the bedside but a lovely '70s mirror along the entire back wall behind the bed. The bathroom is small very basic and functional. I'm trying not to hurl over the smear of someone else's dried blood that was not cleaned off the door jamb since I don't know when.
I realize that this hotel chain is not trying to be the Hilton and I am not particularly a snob about hotels I stay in- I have stayed in some America's Best Inns and local lesser known hotels and actually prefer this type of hotel. However, the lack of cleanliness and the poor quality of this room will preclude me from booking in this hotel again. Have not had their breakfast yet, but shudder at the thought. Fortunately, plenty of food alternatives not too far away

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Alison K
Central Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

our extended family stayed at this facility for 2 nights on a getaway to Holiday World; from that perspective, the hotel is in a great location... although Evansville is a decent drive from Holiday World, this facility is located in a spot to hit a state highway that practically goes all the way to Santa Claus, Indiana; the facility itself was in decent shape; the exterior needs a little work... picking up trash and tending to the landscaping would go a long way to improve first impressions; however, the staff were very, very friendly and helpful; we had a minor issue at check-in that required management intervention and they were very prompt at taking care of that situation; as mentioned in previous reviews, this is a very nice Econolodge compared to other Econolodges... still nothing special, but a nicely run/decorated hotel; room was decorated nicely -- had some minor damage to stuff, but nothing concerning; also as mentioned in earlier reviews, breakfast is nothing special... there was biscuits and gravy, but not very high-quality; overall, we would stay here again, knowing that it's a good value for the money (NOTE: the owners are working on constructing a new hotel facility in downtown Evansville, so this facility may change ownership/affiliation soon)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have stayed at many Econo lodges and they are fair for the price. This one is worth much more than the price. The hotel is very well kept and quite clean. The front desk staff is great. The breakfast is way more than the usual Econo lodge fare. There is a White Castle nearby. The owner George, owns the Acropolis Restaurant here in Evansville. This is worth a trip if you like Greek food. Do not confuse this Econo lodge with the other one on Rt. 41, which is terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business