“Horrible!!! Don't DO IT!!!”

Clarion Inn & Suites Evansville East
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Paint peeling off the outside of the building. The lobby smelled mildew. I asked and he said they hadn't had any water damage. The door to my room was hard to open. I had to kick it with my foot. The room also smelled very bad. I had to go to the store and buy candles and frebreeze to fumigate the room. I should have charged them for fumigation service. I am certain the room smelled better when I left! The lamps were tarnished fake gold and the furniture was old and stained. The blankets had cigarette burns on them. This hotel is VERY old and needs to either torn down or major renovation. Or they cold just rent it by the hour. Location is very strange! Sandwiched between 3 car dealerships. Difficult to get to. There is NO elevator. However I got a first floor room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kytraveleruk

Reviewed March 21, 2011

It's one of the clean hotel in Evansville. Room was nicely layed out with kitchens in them. Staff was very helpfull with all our needs. Very good choice for breakfast too. I will be back again while I am in Evansville, which is once a month.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Every Single staff member at this hotel was extremely friendly and the room was really clean and had all the necessities. I will say that at first glance from outside it looked like an older hotel but from my room stand point along with the hospitality it was great!
I couldn't ask for any more . Plus the snacks and drinks at the gift shop was so reasonably priced. I will always go back to this hotel when Im in Evansville they treated me just like family and even called a couple more time for my wake up call to make sure I got up. like I said treated me just like family. They have the best customer service I have seen anywhere and in any industry.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Okay my husband works for the coal mines and their company pays this motel money for them to stay here right but on top of that they want 10 extra dollars a day if they bring their wives that is so stupid my god their making a killing off the company and the towels are so spotted and dingy i wouldnt dare wipe my face with one and above my shower its molded they need to shut this place down.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Lees Inn in Evansville was a pleasant surprise for my wife and I. This is an extended-stay hotel, but served adequately for one night. The room included a kitchenette, a recliner, a large desk, a sofa, and the bed.

The bed was my only real complaint... it seemed small for a queen and wasn't all that comfortable.

The hotel offered a nice free breakfast which included the standard fare, but also hot selections like sausage, bacon and eggs.

The location can be tough to find, but my GPS made it easy. It is quite a bit off the main road, and the access roads aren't clearly marked. The hotel is in a large retail district, so there are a lot of dining and shopping options around.

The staff was very friendly and offered good advice for things to do in the area.

The room was very nice, especially considered the low price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2009

As previous reviews suggest - it's in a very odd spot and a little hard to find. Make sure you get good street by street directions. Don't use a generic Evansville map - you'll never find it. But it's odd location puts it a very quite area that is right off the main expressway.

Our stay was very pleasant. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We really liked our room. It was nice to have a full size fridge to keep drinks and snacks. Also nice to have real cups, plates, and sliverware to use. The bed was comfortable - daughter even said that the pull-out couch was comfortable. Breakfast was good (scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, potatoes, pancakes, sausage links, bagels, english muffins, cereal, juice, coffee). We must have been there on an off weekend, because it was very quiet. Have stayed at other hotels where you hear doors banging closed at all hours of the night. There were others in the hotel (saw them in the hall and at breakfast), but all seemed to be well mannered, so hotel does not attract a bad crowd.

While it was over-all a good stay, there were a few issues.
*First was finding the place, but it was my mistake to use the Evansville map instead of getting a detailed map.
*I could not find extra pillows for the pull-out couch, so I went to the lobby to ask for one - and got one with no problem. Later that night when we pulled the sofa bed out, we realized that there was no bedding, so another trip to the lobby to ask for bedding - again given with no problem.
*There was a VCR in the room, but we did not know about it so we did not bring any videos to watch. Checked with front desk to see if we could rent/borrow some, she was very helpful and called a local video store to see if they would rent to out-of-towners then she gave us directions to the store. Once we got to the store, we found out that they don't rent VHS tapes any more. After a little driving around we found a buy/sell/trade store that had old VHS tapes - guy sold them to us for $.99 each (seemed like a deal). Got back to the hotel, tried to put tape in VCR -- it would not take the tape. By this time it was after 9PM and we figured that the lady in the lobby wouldn't be able to help us, so we gave up and watched the Food Network. :) We told the guy at the desk the next morning about the VCR not working and he said that they were working to remove all of the VCRs - said many were being stolen and the only rooms that were getting DVD players were the jacuzzi suites.
*While the room has a dishwasher and a kitchen sink, there was no soap to do up the dishes. Went to lobby to ask for soap and was given liquid dish soap - not sure why I didn't/couldn't get soap for the dishwasher.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody who's visiting the Evansville area and would like a nice room at a decent rate. If my daughter attends U of E, I'll definitely be back again! Happy Travels!! :~)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2007

We stayed in a jacuzzi room for a date night. Although the hotel is older and in an odd location behind a car dealership we were very happy with our stay. The jacuzzi was quite large and all areas of the hotel were clean. I would not hesitate to book the jacuzzie room again. By joining the free Lee's club I received a substantial discount on the room rate.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple