“This Baymont building is not sound proof”

Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville East
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“This Baymont building is not sound proof”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Bed was comfortable but the building most likely built with wood instead of mortar and steel to save costs. That means if someone is above you plan on hearing footsteps especially if they are late night people. It was not a quiet sleep. Room was musty smelling and contained dated furniture.
The Workout Facility has signs posted concerning your safety yet the equipment severely needed maintenance. Very moderate breakfast and not an appealing area for eating. This Baymont needs a makeover. Management receptive to comments but it will be interesting if changes occur. Will not stay at this Baymont location again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jasnewman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Baymont Inn in August. I called and reserved the stay with a Hotel Gift Card and explained we would be late as well as using several of the cards to pay for the stay. All was set and the reservations lady gave us a confirmation number because she said that the weekend would be busy as they were having a car show. My husband and I got there late, between 10-11pm and the clerk on duty said he had given our room away. My husband began to get angry and I stated we had a confirmation number. He said our credit card did not work and his manager told him to give the room to other travelors. He said that the reservation was made with a "New Person" and she should have charged us much more. Made it sound like we took advantage of her. We got our room. When I returned home I contacted the web site of hotel chain, not really hearing anything satisfactory. The clerk was rude, and his manager must be too.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Kitten450850
Indiana
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We had a great stay. The hotel was very easy to find. Check-in was quick. The room was VERY nice. We had a king with a fold-out sofa for 3 adults. We were surprised to see that the fold-out sofa was in another room with its own flat-screen TV (nice touch, Baymont!). Nice little kitchen area with sink, microwave, and dorm-size fridge. The hotel was nice and quiet - we were at the end of a hall, so that probably helped. We didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but it looked nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel is pet-friendly. There must have been a dog-show in town the weekend we were there because there were LOTS of dogs staying at the Baymont and other hotels in the area. The only some-what negative thing I have to say is that the king-size bed looked bigger in the pictures online, but it was still big enough to comfortably sleep 2 adults. We will definitely consider staying at the Baymont Inn during future visits to Evansville.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Joyce C
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I have never been disrespected in such a manner in my life especially by an executive of a business! The General Manager, Rita Bauer, was so rude, demeaning, and unprofessional. Even her front staff workers apologized for her behavior towards us. Due to a miscommunication on HER staff's behalf she treated us as if we were merely passing-through and not the paying customers we were. (Not that it is ever a reason to treat someone the way she treated us). We reserved a hotel suite AND the conference room for a ridiculously high price. When we attempted to discuss the miscommunication she cut-us off, she talked over us, she interrupted and she yelled at us. When we asked her to speak to us in a professional manner she said that she was the hotel owner and did not have too!!!! The most disrespectful comment came when we told her that we were dissatisfied with the service she stated "If you don't like it then you can leave." She walked off and got in her car. NEVER AGAIN will my organization utilize the services of the Baymont Inn or the LaQuinta Inn especially in Evansville, Indiana as long as it is under the management of Rita Bauer. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank tcarothers1987
Central Illinois
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We were here for five days primarily working on business projects in our room during the day. The internet connection was fast, the staff was courteous and the breakfast was plentiful. Fresh baked cookies each afternoon. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Our room was quiet and parking was more than adequate. They were making improvements to the hotel while we were there but we were not disturbed or interrupted by any of it. Great place to stay at a bargain price.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jakesmom414
Evansville
Reviewed November 27, 2009

When I visit evansville I always stay at the Baymont. They have a caring staff and as many if not more amenities than the hotels like Holiday xpress and Fairfield that charge $ 30 higher.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mulder73
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2009

First morning there was no food. Was told cook quit her job at 8am. Clerk said food would be available because they would bring food in from hotel next door. When it arrived the greyish blue water was reported to be the gravy and the biscuits they produced were refrigerator cold. The waffle iron didn't work, there was no juice, milk or cereal. There was no fruit either. At noon ordered pizza from a local resturant and decided to eat it in the breakfast room. Room had never been cleaned from morning service. Suddenly we were dancing in our seats as ants had attacked us from all sides. Staff immediately started spraying insecticide. I demanded my money back for the rest of my stay. The man I was talking to denied he was the General Manager, but half way into the conversation I suddenly asked his name and he told me "Kurt". Well, guess what? He was indeed the General Manager. Finally got my money back only to discover they had re-charged my credit card after I left. I am now having them investigated by my credit card for fraud. Oh yes! We were bitten by something during the night. I had to go to a pharmacy and get something to stop the itch. One of my granddaughters developed blisters on her bites. DO NOT STAY AT THE BAYMONT IN EVANSVILLE, IN.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family