“If you are on a budget and traveling with dogs this is the place for you!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Evansville East
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed December 31, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The worst hotel stay experience by far! Our room fell short of any normal traveler's expectation as the it was not cleaned and prepared for a guest’s stay. The floors were not vacuumed, there was hair in the tub, the carpet was ripped and the beds were not correctly made-- and honestly, I am not dramatic in stating that it looked like a 5-year-old had made our beds.

At that point, I figured maybe our room wasn't cleaned at all and it was all some big mistake/misunderstanding with the housekeeping and them selling the room. When I called down to the front desk the on-duty manager picked up and I told them that I didn't think my room was ready and that's all I said. Assuming what he knew to be wrong with the room, which by the way alarmed me since it seemed routine that their rooms were bad, and without me telling him what was wrong he offered the suggestion to bring Frebreez up to the room?? I never even told him what was wrong so I found it odd for him to be making solutions to a problem I've yet to have told him about. When he came up to my room he told me that he would give this room "a B+/B-." This offended me because it disregarded my view of the room. I asked to see if housekeeping could clean our room. He told me that housekeeping lived 1 hour away. At this point it was late and I wanted to see if we could get another room since this room being clean wasn't looking like a possibility. He proceeded to tell me that this one was the only one left!! You could tell that he didn't want to clean it himself, even though that would be what a real manager should do in this situation. I recognize that having to clean a room as a manager is not an ideal situation but putting your customers in this position means you should step up to the plate here. He seemed very unhappy with the idea of cleaning it himself.

Due to the lack of options we had (we didn't want to wait an hour for him to clean it since we wanted to go to bed) so we proposed him letting us just check out and we would find another hotel and he would refund the room to my card. He agreed but told us we would have to be checked out within the next 10 minutes. I found this to be absurd since we still needed to call other hotels in the area for a place to sleep tonight. After booking another hotel, we left pretty much as quickly as we checked in, within 20 minutes to be exact.

We had to find a hotel across the street, last minute and it costed us additional money. He issued us a note stating we would be receiving a full refund from the hotel. I also contacted Rita, the hotel owner, and she stated she HAD issued a full refund. I had to babysit my refund and I didn't get my refund until 3 months later! Will never go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked two nights on Hotwire. I am a road warrior. What I care about is functionality.

Pros: refrigerator, microwave, free Internet, free parking and free breakfast. Great price. Bed comfortable enough. Room decent size. Great location and easy to find. Right off expressway. Located near a lot of restaurants and shops.

Cons; I could hear the person above me every tine they moved. I could also hear highway traffic. Fitness center small but at least there is one.

Overall, I would stay here again. When you compare total cost with the more expensive hotels with hidden fees like Internet, fitness and parking, this is a very good deal. Being a road warrior I appreciate good Internet. I didn't have any problems getting knocked off where I had to keep entering iD and password. I also like the fact there were several outlets to charge my devices.

Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Negative:
extremely small closet, the curtain rod in the bathroom was our alternative
door to room would not stay shut unless you locked the deadbolt
they need to do a better job cleaning the rooms. pic was fridge and area around it, needless to say we did not use the fridge!
bad breakfast
Postiive:
comforter on bed is dreamy
vanity area

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Given a first floor room on request. Everything just the way it should be in a moderately priced hotel--clean sheets, hot water, quiet and lots of good stuff for breakfast. They converted from smoking to non-smoking last summer which might account for some of the reviews regarding smoky rooms but we had no problem and I have a VERY sensitive nose. Friendly conversation in the breakfast room and nice young women at the desk. Can't ask for too much more.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple