“Very nice hotel”
Review of Comfort Inn East

Comfort Inn East
Ranked #29 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. The hotel looked new and very clean. We did have a problem with our room A/C not working. The front desk representative gave us a new room as soon as we brought up the deficiency.

We had a king-sized bed room, which was large and had a couch and a very large corner desk. The bed was very comfortable. There was shopping and several restaurants within a short driving distance from the hotel.

We were given 2 tickets for free drinks upon check-in, so we took advantage of that. The drink mixer was very friendly, as were the other guests that gathered for their free drinks.

The only problem we had was a noisy ice maker outside our room. We turned the A/C blower to high and that drowned out the ice maker.

Great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is all you would expect from a well-run establishment. The staff is friendly, everything sparkles with cleanliness, the free breakfast is good. What keeps this hotel from scoring "Excellent" is 1) the room smelled awful (#323), even though it looked clean; and 2) whoever designed the front entry is an idiot. There is a 6"-8" curb surrounding the front door "stoop," so you cannot push or pull a luggage cart anywhere except the handicapped ramp between two parked cars. In addition, the two sets of doors are not automatic and must be manually opened. What the heck?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the outside it looks just like a regular hotel, but once inside it is one of the nicest places I've been at. The lobby and the rooms are well decorated and kind of up scale. The breakfast was top knotch and they even provided snacks and drinks in the evening. There staff was very friendly and attentive. I stayed here three days and there was not one time that I walked by the front desk that the attendant didn't say good morning or afternoon. This will be a favorite when I visit Evansville.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank juanvanilla
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been staying at this property for 4 years, and have always had very pleasant encounters with all of the staff, and they are very accommodating. Free breakfast is included, and while it's not exactly gourmet, there is enough variety to please everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

This Comfort Inn was AWESOME!! Best Comfort Inn in 6 months of travels.... With ONE tiny exception that is easily forgiven because of the rest of the Hotel was simply AMAZING....

The location was a bit tricky to locate on the frontage road back, tucked away in the back of everything.... But again, this was the ONLY glitch in the stay.

Comfort Inn Leadership should visit THIS location and use it as their MODEL HOTEL.!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for just one night and I have to say it was very comfortable! Easy, fast check in, two free drink coupons at their bar (I didn't partake, though) and a sleepful night. VERY hot water early in the morning, clean, quiet, comfy beds, excellent TV's, everything is just nice. If I find myself in Evansville again, I'm definitely staying here!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was a great place to stay!. I recently needed a place to stay while in the process of moving to Evansville. The room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and breakfast was good. At check in the front desk staff recommended a nearby restaurant and it was excellent! I have worked for hotels in the past and once I check in, I always go over the room with a fine tooth comb. This hotel passed the inspection. I made a reservation at this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and I am glad I did! I would definitely recommend Comfort Inn East to everyone wanting a great place to stay in Evansville!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo