“THE Place to go in Evansville”
Review of Cavanaughs

Cavanaughs
Reserve with OpenTable
Cavanaughs is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 408 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Flawless steaks. Fresh seafood. Impeccable service. Enjoy the finest cuisine paired with sweeping river views. Cavanaugh’s is the perfect place for the perfect evening.
Evansville, Indiana
“THE Place to go in Evansville”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Amazing food, service and atmosphere. This is a REAL Fine Dining Restaurant, so you will pay more than the regular chain restaurant, but believe me, it is exciting and worth it. Treat yourself, it is by far the best in the Tri-State area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank ARussofEville

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

After a long day out we decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner and Cavanaugh's was recommended. We arrived and sat near a window...the view was very nice. Our server greeted us and he was also very polite and accomodating.

We ordered the lobster bisque which was very salty. We ordered lamb chops and the special Wahoo. The food came in the expected amount of time for an upscale restaurant. The Wahoo and everything on the plate was ice cold. The lamb chops were warm but not hot and the potatoes was cold. After some hesitation I decided to send the Wahoo back. The waiter apologized and took my plate. After about 20 minutes he returned with my meal which was the exact same plate, fish, vegetables and potatoes. It was obvious they took my plate and put it in a microwave to heat it up. The fish was rubbery, the sauce was thick and hard, the potatoes were like paste, and the vegetables were extremely soft. I once again sent it back. Twenty minutes later my meal arrived; this time is was hot and fresh.

We asked to see the manager and were informed that he was too busy to see us, but, he would comp the fish entree. We said we still wanted to see the manager. When he finally came by we explained our experience and he said, "I already comped your meal what else do you want?". I said we came to Cavenaugh's to have a nice dinner together and we had to eat firty minutes apart and the experience was not enjoyable. He said he would see what he could do. Ten minutes later he came back and did not look at me or speak to me and rudely told my husband he would comp both meals and gave us a forty dollar gift certificate for our next visit. We will not be back.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank pambl23
Greensboro, NC
“Wonderful cuisine, wonderful view!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

In the Casino Aztar on the Ohio river. Quiet atmosphere, great dining experience. Watching the barges on the river is always fun.

Visited October 2011
Boonville, Indiana
“Night out with the gals”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This restaurant has it all! Overlooking the Ohio River is such a treat! Especially in the summer with all the boaters. The food here is amazing. Not a bad item on the menu.

Haubstadt, Indiana
“Way, way, way over rated!!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Not all that great. Save your money and go eat somewhere else. You can have two or three meals for what these guys charge. I have been there at least 5 times with other people (not by my own choice) and I have never had good service. They try and intimidate you with their 'fancy' menu. If you do go, just remember, a potato is a potato and a starch is something you put on your shirt LOL.

Been to Cavanaughs? Share your experiences!