“Cheap entertainment for children”

Mesker Park Zoo & Botanic Garden
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We love the zoo in Evansville! For under $10 a person you cannot beat it. Amazonia is awesome! The zoo is spread out giving children lots of room to run all their energy out. It takes a couple hours to get through depending on how long you stop and look at the animals. I take my son when my husband works on Sat. He loves it! It is educational and entertaining. There is a lake where you can do paddle boats. It is not a huge zoo but we are happy we have a zoo where we can take my son so he can experience it.

All reviews
in 56 reviews
"hills"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Was a docent over the summer. Not very interesting. Several exhibits shut down. Amazonia, based on rain forest, is hard to navigate. Just no "wow" factor here.

1  Thank travelarteest
Reviewed October 31, 2012

see adverstiments on tv and place looked very nice and big with lots of diffrent animals and when me and my husband an children went their its little half of the animals were not in their cages so we didnt get to see much of anything while their i promise i wont be going back anytime soon unless place actually has what they advertise on tv etc.. from now on i will take my family to CINCINNATI ZOO and the drive to their is worth it and the money at best, for what i paid at mesker zoo it was not worth it at all... LOOKING FOR FUN WITH FAMILY THIS ZOO IS NOT FOR YOU!!!!

2  Thank jessica p
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The distance from one exhibit to the next is short and the animals appear to have plenty of room sans the tiger area which needs to be enlarged and updated. There are plenty of knowledgable employees around to tell you about the animals in the exhibits.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 19, 2012

OK, so it's not the San Diego or Columbus (OH) zoo. Mesker Park Zoo is family friendly and good entertainment for kids & adults alike. There is a reasonable selection of animals, a nice setting, typical park foods - and it's not like the "mega zoos" where you spend 15 minutes walking in from the parking lot. For a fun family visit that won't wear you out, this zoo's for you.

Confession: I grew up in Evansville and have fond memories of visiting this zoo with my grandparents.