“not what it usually is, but it is still one of my favorties”

Ri Ra Irish Pub Evansville
Ranked #35 of 407 Restaurants in Evansville
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Meticulously restored in Ireland and shipped to the US, Rí Rá embodies everything that you would expect from a genuine Irish pub. The bar has been carefully restored from old Irish pubs and related salvaged artifacts including the magnificent mid 19th century bar complete with Victorian snugs. The pub required a tremendous effort from numerous Irish craftsmen to complete the restoration of the key pieces. Rí Rá captures the essence of the genuine Irish Pub – the warmest of welcomes, an unrivaled pint of Guinness, fine food and service and great ‘craic’. In 2016 Rí Rá was voted #1 Bar out of Top 10 Best Bars in the Tri-State by News4U “Best of Tri-State Awards”.
“not what it usually is, but it is still one of my favorties”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have visited this restaurant in a few different cities around the U.S. The décor in this restaurant is nice. Other locations are better, but this one has a neat bar area and set up (upstairs, downstairs, outdoor seating and balcony). This restaurant is part of the Casino Aztar complex. Its only a quick walk across the street, then across the sky walk, and then finally down the hall to the casino entrance. There are also some other restaurants in the same vicinity. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Evansville.

For this night... The service was good. The servers were friendly and engaging. The restaurant was busy with a mixed crowd - younger, older, etc... (don't expect New York City or Chicago). There was live music. Good vibe. The wings were great (as usual). The salad was good, too. The fish and chips were disappointing tonight. This entrée is huge! The fries were good, but the fish was not what it usually is. It was okay, but not worth sending it back since it was busy and everyone was hungry.

Like I said before, this is one of my favorite restaurants in Evansville. Its a great happy hour place and its 1/2 price burger night is a do-not-miss.

• Visited November 2012

Evansville, Indiana, United States
“if you are in search of fish and chips”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

really outstanding fish and chips. nice crisp batter, not greasy, generous portions. interesting beer menu. the rest of what i have sampled, average.

Visited August 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good food, Frustrating service....”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is the second time I've gone to Ri Ra's. Both times were a customers request. Last night, we waited 10 minutes for our app (good), 40 minutes for our dinner and drinks (bad) and 45 minutes for our desert. It was laughable.

Both times I have been there I've encountered this kind of service. The food is very good but if you expecting to enjoy your meal, make sure you have 2 hours to spend getting it.

• Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Music and dinner”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Wonderful, creative menu. The music was great. The veggie sandwich was great. The sweet potato tots were yummy.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank JimXu
Effingham, Illinois
“If you love Irish food....”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

My wife and I were in Evansville for an appointment and decided to visit this restaurant. Neither of us, had eaten here before and were interested in it. We had enjoyed some Irish food in another city and wanted to enjoy further. We were quickly greeted on this day, just after lunch rush had ended and the place was nearly cleared out. The staff were proffesional, and more than happy to explain any item on the menu. The responsiveness was great! I know it's easy for a server to spend a lot of time on a customer with few customers in a location. But it takes a good server to stick to it, and explain things and not just take an order and walk off. The food was great, and quite filling. We enjoyed this restaurant and won't forget to mark it on our must return to!

Visited May 2011