“Regulars at La Cabana”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is one of our two or three favorite places to eat in Evansville, and the place we go when we want Mexican. We usually eat there at least a couple of times a month. We like the good food, generous servings and authentic Mexican atmosphere. If you're looking for a run-of-the-mill tex-mex chain restaurant, this isn't it.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

The décor is plain... nothing fancy, but it is quaint inside the restaurant. The location definitely has some charm. The food reminded me of Mexico. It is very authentic. The tortilla soup took me back to when I studied at a language school in Cuernavaca. The carne asada was a very large dinner and reminded me of my time in Mexico City. Mexican programming was playing on the TVs and you could hear Spanish amongst the staff and customers. The restaurant was busy. I really enjoyed my experience and will definitely return!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Found cockroaches on floor. Nasty. Will not go back.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Nastiest food ever and filthy plates ! I would never eat there again.

Reviewed April 8, 2011

This restaurant is located in a small strip center in east Evansville on Green River Road. The food, atmosphere, and service are all very good. You are greeted by the usual chips and salsa, but after this the menu offers a wide variety of seafood and meat dishes quite unlike the usual chain food.

Today I had they lunch size shrimp fajitas. Loved them, and was unable to finish the large portion. Service was prompt and efficient.

Due to location, parking is often tight but doable.