“Great in a pinch”

Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Evansville
Chicago, Illinois
“Great in a pinch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Car broke down and needed a place last minute. Nice accommodations. Rooms have been recently renovated with a nice television and refrigerator. Very clean. Helpful and friendly staff. Robert at the front desk was especially accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, July 23, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, we are always looking to keep up with our guest comments to insure the best service.

G.M.
Arpit Trivedi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fortville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Beds were hard and noisy, shower curtain was filthy, bathroom ceiling was falling apart, the carpets were okay. It didn't smell very good either. I also didn't get a hot shower because the water heater was broker. After approaching the staff I was told to speak with a manager and got the run around.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Wouldye
arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
thanks you for you review. i understand your problem with your stay. you should have come back right away with your problem with the room so we could have moved you to a different room. or have refunded your money back. it had never rain this hard in past 50 years. and city sewer was backing up in the whole city and it was flooded everywhere. so it was mother nature. and we can not do anything about it. but we did try to give you partial refund but u did not wanted it. and i m sorry we can not give you full refund because u did not have any problem other then hot water. if you had then you should have done what told you in the first of response. because if you are unhappy with the room then you should come get different room or get your money back. we don't want your stay where you cant feel comfortable.
thanks

Travelers are raving about these Evansville hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because my first choice was booked full for a convention. It was a little hard to find- had to make a u turn. But over all it was a very pleasant stay. The room was spacious and clean. A little outdated and could use some renovations, but it smelled nice and the bed was comfortable. The only problem I had was some late night door slamming. The breakfast is pretty good. Waffle maker and plenty of additional options. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mimrah
arpit t, General Manager at Econo Lodge Evansville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014

Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Room smelled like smoke but it was still very clean, breakfast was ok and was included with the stay. Very quiet even though there were other people around. Pool looked good too but it was closed since it is still early March.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

My fiance and I needed 3 week accommodations due to his job, and came across Econo Lodge on the internet. Almost the entire motel is recently renovated, the entire staff couldn't be any more pleasant, and they truly see to the little things. No special request was refused. I highly recommend any traveler to give this a try. If you're looking for all the bells and whistles, this probably won't be your place. But a great experience all in all.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

A heavy traveler and a tolerant soul But if you are handy with a vacuum cleaner and broom. Or perhaps a paint brush. These people need a little help. Dirty parking lot. Room needed six hours of touch up paint and a good vacuum between everything. Surely this hotel is looking to hire help. The bed was quite very well made. Sheets were clean. Large rooms. Easy access to 41 and Lloyd Parkway. It was a quiet property. .

Room Tip: north side facing room with poor cell service.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Playa Grande, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I needed a place to finish writing my book and I stumbled upon this hotel. It is really hard to find a hotel that will rent by the week. I know because I've been all over the US and been in dozens of different cities and States. To make a long story short I finished my manuscript, got a advance royalty check from the publisher and got my book published. And I did it from my hotel room. The hotel was better than I thought possible. They gave me a very good rate, about the best you can get in the entire country.
I initially just wanted a private place where I could work all night and not be bothered. I got that and a whole lot more They do not charge extra for things many hotels do charge for. I had a big KIng sized bed, cable tv, fridge, microwave, heater and ac, fully furnished. Good internet. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly to me and that is a understatement. The parking lot is big and well lit. Very good security. I loved it. This place will always be in my memories as one of the most positive and productive hotel stays in the history of my life.
I have to add one more thing. I love that fact they hot coffee for the guestS 24 hours a day. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business